PDA

View Full Version : Using Panasonic BQ-390A Charger in Europe

mikeFromOttawa
10-08-2005, 09:44 AM
Hi,

I have a Panasonic BQ-390A Quick Charger for NiMH batteries for my Canon A95 camera.

I want to take the battery charger with me to Spain and France - the problem is that I can't figure out whether it will work with the electrial power in Europe. I know the power in France and Spain is 230V 50Hz.

=====

The back of the charger says this:

INPUT
USA and Canada AC120V 60Hz 8W
FOREIGN AC100-240V 50-60Hz 8W

=====

The confusion for me is:

Does this mean the charger can be used in places that offers BOTH AC120V (USA&Canada) "AND" AC100-240V (Foreign)? If so - then I would just need a "power adapter" - which just changes physical shape of the plug - right?

OR

Does it mean that I need to buy another "power converter" to change the European power from AC230V to AC120V first - and then plug my Panasonic charger into the "power converter"?

Any comments or feedback will be appreciated. Thanks

mikeFromOttawa.

Kenyada
10-08-2005, 11:13 AM
You're good to go, needing only an adapter to handle the physical shape of the plug. If you needed a power converter, you would not have the label that states "FOREIGN AC100-240V 50-60Hz 8W." As you know, your charger will charge any brand of NiMH battery, not just Panies. Have a great trip :)

mikeFromOttawa
10-08-2005, 04:18 PM
Thanks Kenyada.

It makes sense that I can use it in Europe - otherwise (I guess) they wouldn't label it for foreign use also. I just had to be sure- don;t want to be caught without batteries!

MikefromOttawa.