PDA

View Full Version : Problems With Replying

Sigbhu
10-08-2005, 12:01 AM
I've noticed lately that when i press "reply" to a thread, in IE, it refuses to cooperate. all other buttons work. i've tried updating IE, but that doesn't solve the problem....then how did i post this?..i used Opera...IE doesn't seem to want to work with dcr.

Tyger
10-08-2005, 12:23 AM
i haven't had that problem but for me, i'm using Firefox and ever time i reply the thread gets converted to html code. any thoughts?

TheObiJuan
10-08-2005, 12:49 AM
wow, sorry guys. I'm on firefox on two seperate laptops and I don't get any errors.

Kenyada
10-08-2005, 02:15 AM
I've noticed lately that when i press "reply" to a thread, in IE, it refuses to cooperate. all other buttons work. i've tried updating IE, but that doesn't solve the problem....then how did i post this?..i used Opera...IE doesn't seem to want to work with dcr.

I'm on IE, SP2, but I haven't had any problems with replying. It may be something that can be corrected in the TOOLS>INTERNET OPTIONS>ADVANCED section of IE

Balrog
10-08-2005, 12:07 PM
Firefox 1.5 beta here, and no problems .. just checked in IE too; worked fine.

Clyde
10-08-2005, 03:46 PM
Firefox 1.5 beta here, and no problems .. just checked in IE too; worked fine.

Firefox 1.0.4 works fine for replying, but the insert-link button doesn't work.

Not only does edit work in http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/safari/ (safari 1.0.3), but the insert-link works as will, though I can't seem to attach it to text.

All anoyances should be this minor...

Clyde

Sigbhu
10-10-2005, 02:12 AM
aw...chuck it, i'll jist use opera. trust microsoft to make a defective product...

JTL
10-10-2005, 08:01 PM
aw...chuck it, i'll jist use opera. trust microsoft to make a defective product...Don't blame Microsoft if your config is messed up (or if you messed it up which is more likely the case). I am using IE on five different computers that I access this site from and ALL of them work fine. You're just being a basher and with no good reason...:rolleyes: But, I guess it's easier to blame a manufacturer rather than face our own inadequacies, right?

Spot focus
10-11-2005, 08:10 PM
I normally use Firefox but this reply is in IE XP SP2

eastbluffs
10-12-2005, 01:51 PM
As one of my tasks at work, I support / program for an intranet web site. Web stuff is not my prime expertise but have had to work a few issues with IE.

First thing to try on IE is to clear cookies and delete all files and offline content. This is found under Tools, Internet Options. When deleting files, be sure to click the "delete all offline content" checkbox.

Note: Deleting cookies may cause your computer to "forget" a few things about where you've been (like being logged onto this site), but I've never had these actions cause any problem that isn't easily refreshed. It doesn't touch your remembered passwords or favorites - just "temporary files".

Browsers try to be efficient and save screen shots of where they've been to avoid re-loading the same thing. When vendors change the programming on those screens, this can cause sync issues.

IE has a lot more power than Firefox (like power used by pop-ups and other annoying automations). Going to the free Firefox is also an excellent solution.

Additionally; check your disk space and disk fragmentation, if you can.