PDA

View Full Version : 1GB Fuji XD memory card question

Debbiesmith
09-29-2005, 03:37 PM
Hi all,

I bought a 1GB XD Fuji XD card with my Fuji F-10.

It was mainly to shoot little bits of video.

The playback from the card to the Camera appears perfect.
When I download it to a PC via the camera USB the picture when it plays on Windows Media or the Fuji software is very jerky.

As an alternative I bought a Lexar USB 2.0 multicard reader.
When I put the card in the reader it either crashes the PC or takes ages for the card to be read or a file to be opened. Its practically unusable.
The PC is relatively old at this stage Windows ME Pentium 3. I've never had any problems with USB devices before.
The direct connection of the camera seems to work fine.

Is there something funny about 1GB XD cards.

Thanks
Debbie

D70FAN
09-29-2005, 04:03 PM
Hi all,

When I download it to a PC via the camera USB the picture when it plays on Windows Media or the Fuji software is very jerky.

When I put the card in the reader it either crashes the PC or takes ages for the card to be read or a file to be opened. Its practically unusable.
The PC is relatively old at this stage Windows ME Pentium 3. I've never had any problems with USB devices before.

Thanks
Debbie

Did you load the driver for the card reader?

Kenis
11-01-2005, 01:35 PM
Hi all,

Thanks
Debbie

I have the same problem. Not all card readers has additional drivers for this card. All we can do - just wait for them :)

Chucko
11-01-2005, 04:31 PM
You might try downloading the video from the camera to the PC before playing it. Cameras generally don't have fast USB connections.

I bought a SanDisk SD/MMC/xD card reader and it works great with my Mac. It was cheap too. I can't say how it might work on a PC though.

patsy999
11-23-2005, 01:10 AM
I just found this one for you
Olympus xD and SmartMedia - MAUSB-10 Dual-slot reader/writer
at
Digiprintuk.com (www.digiprintuk.com)

very cheap too