PDA

View Full Version : Nikon D70s and MyNevo as remote

Claus S
09-27-2005, 08:59 AM
Hi all I thougth I share this with you all. I have been trying to get my Ipaq RX3715 and MyNevo working at a remote shutter release. I wrote to MyNevo today and got a very fast reply. Here it is if anyone on here can use this it works for me :D

You will need to program in the TV code 0011 first.
To directly input device setup codes into NEVO:
1.In Nevo choose the ADD A NEW DEVICE icon
2.ENTER your device type (TV)
3.Choose the ENTER A DEVICE CODE option.
4.ENTER 0011
5.Finish the 'wizard' and test it with the device.

After this has been completed the number 7 key or Power key should operate the shutter.

D70FAN
09-28-2005, 06:31 AM
Hi all I thougth I share this with you all. I have been trying to get my Ipaq RX3715 and MyNevo working at a remote shutter release. I wrote to MyNevo today and got a very fast reply. Here it is if anyone on here can use this it works for me :D

You will need to program in the TV code 0011 first.
To directly input device setup codes into NEVO:
1.In Nevo choose the ADD A NEW DEVICE icon
2.ENTER your device type (TV)
3.Choose the ENTER A DEVICE CODE option.
4.ENTER 0011
5.Finish the 'wizard' and test it with the device.

After this has been completed the number 7 key or Power key should operate the shutter.

Pretty interesting way to save $18. I think the Nikon remote might be a little more convenient. ;)

kornhauser
10-03-2005, 09:45 AM
I agree it might be cheaper, but still an interesting way to use an iPod.

I remember that years ago I used to have a universal TV remote that required no codes, just had to be within sight of the television. My God, did I have fun tormenting the neighbors with that!

D70FAN
10-03-2005, 10:15 AM
I agree it might be cheaper, but still an interesting way to use an iPod.

I remember that years ago I used to have a universal TV remote that required no codes, just had to be within sight of the television. My God, did I have fun tormenting the neighbors with that!

Korn, The Ipaq is an HP Windows Pocket PC based PDA (~$400).

So that was you!!! 30 years of therapy...:eek:

Ya gotta love it.;)

Claus S
10-06-2005, 09:26 AM
HEHE yeah i admit buying a PDA for that use only would be a bit silly. But i had it anyway (use it for GPS). And it actually does a very good job works up to 30feet away. I didn't really have a need for a remote but thought I might aswell get the Ipaq working to see if it was something I actually could use for something. I would go for the corded version if i decide to get one. Think having to be in front of the camera sort of ruins the use I might put a remote to (for Macro to prevent shake).
Just wanted to share the fact that it can be done. And rather wellish.

D70FAN
10-06-2005, 02:30 PM
HEHE yeah i admit buying a PDA for that use only would be a bit silly. But i had it anyway (use it for GPS). And it actually does a very good job works up to 30feet away. I didn't really have a need for a remote but thought I might aswell get the Ipaq working to see if it was something I actually could use for something. I would go for the corded version if i decide to get one. Think having to be in front of the camera sort of ruins the use I might put a remote to (for Macro to prevent shake).
Just wanted to share the fact that it can be done. And rather wellish.

Like I said... interesting. And geeky cool.;)