PDA

View Full Version : Which batteries will my Sony recharger recharge?

rystet
09-18-2005, 12:34 PM
I got a four rechargable LiMH AA's and a recharger with my Sony W1. I want to buy some additional batteries. The manual says that I should only use Sony batteries in the recharger, which I suspect is the usual brandname BS. I asked in a local shop and they confirmed this. However, they also said I had to use the same capacity batteries. The ones I have are 2100 mAH and the ones I've seen in shops are all 1300 or 2300 mAH. Can I recharge these in my recharger, which doesn't mention any mAH number?

David Metsky
09-18-2005, 09:18 PM
I assume you mean NiMH (Nickle Metal Hydryde) batteries, AA size. You can charge any brand batteries in that charger, don't worry about the warnings. Your charger should be able to handle greater than 2100, and so should your camera.

-dave-

Kenyada
09-19-2005, 07:09 AM
I got a four rechargable LiMH AA's and a recharger with my Sony W1. I want to buy some additional batteries. The manual says that I should only use Sony batteries in the recharger, which I suspect is the usual brandname BS. I asked in a local shop and they confirmed this. However, they also said I had to use the same capacity batteries. The ones I have are 2100 mAH and the ones I've seen in shops are all 1300 or 2300 mAH. Can I recharge these in my recharger, which doesn't mention any mAH number?

I would suggest that your set of batteries not be mixed, with regard to their capacity. Example make them all 2100 mAH, or all 2300mAH, or all 2500mAH. Just don't mix a couple of 2100s with a couple of 2500s, because the lower capacity will run out of gas sooner, thus making it necessary to recharge before the larger capacity batteries really need to.

rystet
09-19-2005, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the replies!

Yes, I meant NiMH!