PDA

View Full Version : strobe help

jerico
09-18-2005, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the info. The AS-15 is the way to go.

D70FAN
09-18-2005, 11:18 PM
So now I have this nikon D70, an am wondering what it takes to get my novatron studio lighting system to fire. With no PC attachment, just what does it take????? :cool:

It takes a PC adapter AS-15 I think. don't use studio lighting so not really sure.

Kenyada
09-19-2005, 06:45 AM
So now I have this nikon D70, an am wondering what it takes to get my novatron studio lighting system to fire. With no PC attachment, just what does it take????? :cool:
You'll probably need a wireless triggering mechanism like Wein Peanut Slaves
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=details&kw=WEPND&is=REG&Q=&O=productlist&sku=263022

You'd stick them in the pc sockets of your strobes. They'll see the flash from the D70. Or you could get a cable (hot shoe to pc adapter) to connect one strobe by cable, and then connect the other with a Peanut Slave. The most expensive option is the PocketWizard for wireless triggering, but unless you're doing a lot of shooting outdoors, it would be a waste of money. The Peanut Slaves will run about $25-35 each. I don't have any personal experience with strobe systems, but I have done some research for future reference. In other, words, "I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV." :)

jerico
10-07-2005, 07:55 PM
Geo. you are so right. The Nikon AS-15 has the PC cord plug in, for any kind of flash or what ever you might want to fire. The unit slides right into the top of the camera into the flash holder.

Thanks again.
:)