PDA

View Full Version : Urgent !!!! Pls HELP !!!! :(

Devraj
09-06-2005, 09:52 AM
hello all,

I have a canon A95 camera and am using a 1 gig memory card from Scandisk,recently i took like 130 photos but unintentionall formatted the card :( :( ,is there a way to recover that data ?i took 140 photos again on the same card, doe it mark the formatted data ?, any help/pointers would be greatly appreciated,pls help !!!!!!!!!

-Devraj

northmotion
09-22-2005, 03:52 PM
Sounds pretty hopeless. There are programs that can get deleted files, but formatted? Try typing something in google. sesh.

Good luck. sorry i couldnt help more :(

emalvick
09-23-2005, 12:50 PM
hello all,

I have a canon A95 camera and am using a 1 gig memory card from Scandisk,recently i took like 130 photos but unintentionall formatted the card :( :( ,is there a way to recover that data ?i took 140 photos again on the same card, doe it mark the formatted data ?, any help/pointers would be greatly appreciated,pls help !!!!!!!!!

-Devraj

Search the forums. There have been discussions about this before. However, if you took 140 pictures after formatting the card, I am guessing the photos are gone forever. Once the formatted card is written onto by the next set of pictures, the old data is permanently lost. If the card is still "blank", you may be able to recover.

eyelab
09-30-2005, 11:40 AM
Well, If you formatted, Quick like most people do, then the data 'in theory' is still on the card. BUT... If you took pictures over it, those parts of the card are written with new data, making it pretty much unrecoverable :( If you didn't take pictures on top of them, then there would be a chance I think. Sorry :(