PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Relief Link

Kenyada
08-31-2005, 01:23 PM
Jeff, I know this may be inappropriate, and I apologize, but Hurricane Katrina has left unspeakable devastation in its aftermath. There is a link to the American Red Cross website, specifically set up to aid in the relief effort. There are almost 10,000 DCRP members. The minimum donation to the Red Cross website is $5. If every member donated just the minimum, DCRP would be responsible for a $50,000 humanitarian effort.

http://www.redcross.org/donate/donate.html

At least consider the difference that it would make in the lives of these desperate Americans. Just a thought. Thanks.

Jeff Keller
08-31-2005, 09:46 PM
Jeff, I know this may be inappropriate, and I apologize, but Hurricane Katrina has left unspeakable devastation in its aftermath. There is a link to the American Red Cross website, specifically set up to aid in the relief effort. There are almost 10,000 DCRP members. The minimum donation to the Red Cross website is $5. If every member donated just the minimum, DCRP would be responsible for a $50,000 humanitarian effort.

http://www.redcross.org/donate/donate.html

At least consider the difference that it would make in the lives of these desperate Americans. Just a thought. Thanks.

I just put up a note about that, and I didn't even see this message until after I did. I wanted to do a donation matching thing but I don't know how to make that happen. I sent in my $200 yesterday -- hope it helps somebody out there.

miloman@cox.net
08-31-2005, 10:53 PM
Thankyou so much for your donation Jeff. I(16 yrs old) have evacuated with my mother to atlanta georgia. I have already strted putting of flyers to make donations for the hurricane victims of New Orleans. Thankyou for allowing donation info to go onto your site, it means a lot. I may be going back to New Orleans soon b/c gthe military will be letting some ppl go back to their homes to retrieve some things and then go back to where they evacuated to.If that is the case, I will take pictures of the devastation to post in your picture forum. Again thank you for letting someone make donation awareness for the hurricane victims possible.

Kenyada
09-01-2005, 12:55 AM
I just put up a note about that, and I didn't even see this message until after I did. I wanted to do a donation matching thing but I don't know how to make that happen. I sent in my $200 yesterday -- hope it helps somebody out there.

That's great! Personally, I was in the middle of another online transaction with B&H Photo when I decided to put my priorities in order. So I donated the shopping cart total (of a prime lens) to the Red Cross web site. I also posted donation info on my web site. The fact of the matter is that they can really use every donation, no matter the amount. Many employers will match donations. Thanks again. (There was never any doubt)

iwantitsimple
09-01-2005, 02:06 PM
I hope you and yours are OK and recover from this tragedy soon.

I too, think it's a good idea to post the link on this forum, or any forum for that matter. I remember the outpouring of help we received in NYC on 9/11, which was so contained. I can't imagine how these people are feeling. I'll do whatever I can to help. I hope everyone else will do a little too. Every little thing/penny really does add up.

Nick
09-01-2005, 02:56 PM
I'm a New Yorker and 9/11 unfolded right in my backyard; came home covered in human ash ; I'll never forget that day. The immense amounts of help that were brought in shortly afterwards were also unforgettable and I thank all the people far and wide who pitched in selfessly.

I'm not going to compare that tragedy to this one - but there's one prominent thing that sets the two apart; the folks in New Orleans have no homes .

Here is a link ( Jeff - maybe for front page? ) where people can offer housing to the people affected by this tragedy:

NOLA: Homes Avaliable (http://www.nola.com/forums/homesavailable/)

Please, everyone, anything you to do help counts! God bless.