PDA

View Full Version : Any updates for 'Jeff's Favorite Cameras'?

whichone
09-22-2004, 08:02 PM
Jeff

I have read all your reviews on the Canon A series and am trying to decide between the Canon 85 and 95 (The A80 in no longer available in Australia).

I've noticed that your link to 'Jeff's Favorite Cameras' only lists the 75 and 80 as your choice in the 'Best cameras for under $400'. Is this because you feel the 85 and 95 are not good enough (ie redeye and purple fringing issues) to 'make it' on to this list or that the list has not been updated to reflect the fact that the A80 is becoming extinct?

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Cheers Whichone

Jeff Keller
09-22-2004, 10:06 PM
Jeff

I have read all your reviews on the Canon A series and am trying to decide between the Canon 85 and 95 (The A80 in no longer available in Australia).

I've noticed that your link to 'Jeff's Favorite Cameras' only lists the 75 and 80 as your choice in the 'Best cameras for under $400'. Is this because you feel the 85 and 95 are not good enough (ie redeye and purple fringing issues) to 'make it' on to this list or that the list has not been updated to reflect the fact that the A80 is becoming extinct?

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Cheers Whichone

The list is outdated. One of these days I have to go back through it and update it with all the new models.

Jeff Keller
09-22-2004, 11:53 PM
Okay, I've made a few changes. Expect more before the holidays after I work my way through all the new models.

Omikron77
09-30-2004, 05:45 AM
I'm interested in why you left the A75 on the list instead of replacing it with that A85? Is it a price thing?

Rhys
09-30-2004, 08:47 AM
would it perhaps be easier to rate all the latest cameras as your favourites?

Jeff Keller
09-30-2004, 10:48 AM
I'm interested in why you left the A75 on the list instead of replacing it with that A85? Is it a price thing?

Well the A75 isn't outdated or anything and is a great camera for most people. If anything I should have both the A75 and A85 on the list, but I don't want to look like a whore for Canon :)

D70FAN
09-30-2004, 11:21 AM
Well the A75 isn't outdated or anything and is a great camera for most people. If anything I should have both the A75 and A85 on the list, but I don't want to look like a whore for Canon :)

If you keep tract of which cameras are the most popular, and offer the best value then Canon has the lions share. So it only stands to reason that they would have the same share on a recommended list.

It's only whoring if it's not true.