PDA

View Full Version : KM Maxxum 5D

jmrgnr
08-21-2005, 02:32 PM
Are there any plans to have a review of the KM Maxxum 5D in the near future(Maybe in Sept)? I'm very curious about this camera and would be very interested in a professional review. Thanks

Rex914
08-21-2005, 04:19 PM
Jeff does not specify when a certain review will be conducted. It's based on what cameras he has received from the manufacturer and not simply a "I'll review what I want" sort of deal. Just keep your eye on the upcoming reviews list and it will appear there sooner or later. KM just hasn't sent out any review copies quite yet.

jmrgnr
08-22-2005, 03:14 AM
I understand that. I know he has trouble doing some Pentax cameras because he isn't given a camera to review. I see in the list already has a variety of cameras set for Sept. Just wondered if he knew about adding the 5D to the list within a months time or not. Thanks anyway....i'm just getting impatient and want to make the jump to dSLR and find the spec sheet of the 5D pretty impressive and want to see a proper review done.

Jeff Keller
08-22-2005, 04:46 PM
I understand that. I know he has trouble doing some Pentax cameras because he isn't given a camera to review. I see in the list already has a variety of cameras set for Sept. Just wondered if he knew about adding the 5D to the list within a months time or not. Thanks anyway....i'm just getting impatient and want to make the jump to dSLR and find the spec sheet of the 5D pretty impressive and want to see a proper review done.

Given my current relationship with Pentax, I would not count on ANY Pentax reviews in the near future. If this bothers you, I strongly encourage you to write to their marketing department. They don't seem to listen to me.

jmrgnr
08-22-2005, 08:33 PM
Sorry Jeff....I may not have been clear. I was just wondering if there was a similiar roadblock with KM as you have had with Pentax. Anyway, I know that the KM 5D is being slowly released into the marketplace and i am very interested in what you have to say about it. I just wanted to know if there is a review for the KM 5D in the relative near future or not. Thanks for this great site and for your time.

AllanMarcus
08-24-2005, 06:14 AM
I too would love to see a KM 5D review on this site. Seems the other sites are a little too kind tot he manufacturers IMHO. This site does a great job of telling it like it is! The KM 5D tops my list of cameras to buy right now (7D being second, considering it about to sell for less that $850 (body only), but I'd like one impartial review before I jump overboard and get one.

And as always, thanks for the great site, great reviews, and great forums.

-Allan

Jeff Keller
08-24-2005, 09:25 AM
I too would love to see a KM 5D review on this site. Seems the other sites are a little too kind tot he manufacturers IMHO. This site does a great job of telling it like it is! The KM 5D tops my list of cameras to buy right now (7D being second, considering it about to sell for less that $850 (body only), but I'd like one impartial review before I jump overboard and get one.

The 5D review will definitely happen. Right now I just don't know when.