PDA

View Full Version : Rechargeable AA Batteries? HELP.

Javair
09-21-2004, 07:19 PM
I know nothing about rechargeable AA batteries. So, Help.
Which ones should I get for a digital camera (Canon)? The advertising of different power ratings and such are greek to me. What are good, long-life, rechargeable batteries?

Billiam
09-21-2004, 07:36 PM
What you want are Nickle Metal Hydride (or NiMH) batteries. Their capacity is rated in milliamp-hours, or mAH. More mAH is better. I use Ray-o-Vac NiMH's from the local Target store in my A40, and they've been fine. If you wanna mail order them, there's a link to a battery vendor at the top of the main page of this site.

D70FAN
09-21-2004, 08:07 PM
I know nothing about rechargeable AA batteries. So, Help.
Which ones should I get for a digital camera (Canon)? The advertising of different power ratings and such are greek to me. What are good, long-life, rechargeable batteries?

Nickle Metal Hydride or NiMH rechargeable batteries should have a rating of 2000 mili Ampre hours (mAh) or more. The best rating currently is about 2300 to 2400mAh. That's a lot of juice, and will run any camera for quite a while. My original GP batteries were rated at a shopping 1250mAh for my Nikon 900.

The voltage is generally specified at 1.2 to 1.25 Volts (not important in this case). The mAh rating is the key. The higher the better.

Here is a recommended source.

http://nimhbattery.com/batteries.htm

The Maha C204 is a good choice for a charger as well.

Omikron77
09-22-2004, 05:47 AM
I have two sets of MaHa PowerEx 2200s and the MaHa c401 charger. I highly reccomend this combination for any camera that runs on double A batteries.

Do a google serach for something called the great battery shootout....there is a ton of information there on the life of batteries and which ones are better than others.

Javair
09-22-2004, 01:27 PM
Thanks you guys.

I ordered from the site Riehm posted.
Got the 2300 mah and the latest charger.

Spendy, but nothing else makes better sense.

Again, thanks for the help.