PDA

View Full Version : Attention smart people

Jeff Keller
09-20-2004, 05:19 PM
Can you please take a look at this (http://www.dcresource.com/faq/faq.html#flc) and let me know if I explained this subject correctly?

Thanks!

PixChick
09-20-2004, 05:59 PM
Can you please take a look at this (http://www.dcresource.com/faq/faq.html#flc) and let me know if I explained this subject correctly?

Thanks!

It got the point across--at least in my opinion. As far as being technically correct, well that is for someone else to answer.

PixChick :)

Ben Miller
09-20-2004, 08:03 PM
Example pictures! Excellent! I do have a suggestion: The first paragraph could use some re-working. As it is, it doesn't really say anything helpful. I would use it to give a quick explanation of the crop factor so that the reader knows what the pictures are supposed to show. The sentence that says

Due to the difference in size between the CMOS sensor in the Digital Rebel and 35mm film (that the film Rebel uses), the digital camera captures a smaller area using that same lens than on the film camera.
would work great. Just remove the specific bits about the Rebel and paste it up in the first paragraph.

You could also point out that dSLR's aren't the only cameras this applies to. The lens on my C-5060 says that it's a 5.7-22.9 mm zoom but that doesn't mean it's some freakish fisheye lens.

PS You're a digicam guy; shouldn't you have more pictures on your walls?

tarfearauko
09-20-2004, 08:37 PM
I have found it clear and informative, not too techy, not too simple.
Neat job, Jeff!

John_Reed
09-20-2004, 10:40 PM
I didn't find too much to quibble about. I'll still hold out that 2MP is actually enough pixels with which to print a nice 8X10; yes, if you shot the same scene with a 4MP camera at the same time, in the same light, and printed them both, you might notice some fine differences in the comparison - But if you just look at the 2MP print, it'll look fine! And, I'd be remiss in my role as unpaid Panasonic rep. if I didn't suggest that you update the "recommended camera" list (maybe after you review them, if you ever get your hands on them!) to include the FZ20 and FZ3, and maybe even the FZ15, all of which give a lot of "bang for the buck."

Jeff Keller
09-20-2004, 11:45 PM
And, I'd be remiss in my role as unpaid Panasonic rep. if I didn't suggest that you update the "recommended camera" list (maybe after you review them, if you ever get your hands on them!) to include the FZ20 and FZ3, and maybe even the FZ15, all of which give a lot of "bang for the buck."

Can't put them on the list until I try them. Maybe I should just buy them and review them. I'm sure someone here would buy them when I'm done (assuming they get a good review!).

John_Reed
09-21-2004, 12:38 AM
Can't put them on the list until I try them. Maybe I should just buy them and review them. I'm sure someone here would buy them when I'm done (assuming they get a good review!).Now that smacks of a conflict of interest... (Let's see now, if I don't give these $1,500 worth of cameras good reviews, I'm stuck with them. Hmmmm....) ;)

Rhys
09-21-2004, 07:09 AM

Thanks!

I'd add that digital camera flash memory cards are ok with xrays too.

However... I did have a pack of floppy disks that were ruined after passing through a hand luggage xray scanner.