PDA

View Full Version : which battery?

nimue
07-11-2005, 12:49 PM
I am buying a canon powershot sd400. I want to get a spare battery but dont know anything about the batteries. How long (or how many pictures and/or video recording time or playbacj..)does the one with the camera last? Is it adequate to have 2 of those? How much longer do others last and what kind of prices can I expect for the different batteries?

socrates
07-27-2005, 12:31 PM
Hi nimue,

What is the mAh of the battery that comes with it? Do you have any part number for it?

You can check out this website for rechargeable AA and AAA batteries,

http://www.thebetterbatterygroup.com/html/rechargeable.html

If you cant find what your looking for you can even email them at tech@thebetterbatterygroup.com

They helped me find a battery for my Kodak DX 3900 at a reasonable price.

Josh

David Metsky
07-27-2005, 03:12 PM
I have an SD300 with the factory battery. I always have intended to buy a second one but the battery usage so far has been excellent. I've gone for the weekend of backpacking (200+ pics, few flash) without any problems, and even in temps down to -20F. I'll still get a second one, they sell some by Power 2000 at B&H and others, but I feel no rush right now.

-dave-

fnoel
07-30-2005, 11:24 PM
I am buying a canon powershot sd400. I want to get a spare battery but dont know anything about the batteries. How long (or how many pictures and/or video recording time or playbacj..)does the one with the camera last? Is it adequate to have 2 of those? How much longer do others last and what kind of prices can I expect for the different batteries?
Hi. I bought a second battery from calcellular.com for my camera. Not the same one as you would need but I found it to work as well as the one that came with the camera. I believe that the one you will need is listed at $13.99. I would recomend getting a second battery just so you can keep shooting pictures while the other is charging. I also believe it it the same battery for you David Metsky. Model # NB-4L.