PDA

View Full Version : Currently Active Users

jcw122
07-10-2005, 09:26 PM
"Currently Active Users: 319 (18 members and 301 guests)"

OK the Current Active User number is AWESOME, but what in heck is up w/ how many guests to members this forum has? W/ all the guests (jeez thats alot!) why isn't there many members? It would be so great if there were even half that many guests here as members (being active).

SamPhilly
07-11-2005, 07:43 AM
Without access to "Where are they now?" option it's hard to say. I suspect that a crawler/bot is on the site to index it for it's search engines. I frequently have seen as many as 50 bots from Google on my vBulletin site. Jeff would have to answer that question.

Kenyada
07-11-2005, 08:08 AM
Of course, the other way to look at the stats is that this website has generated interest to over 300 “guests” on a continuing basis. That’s something to be proud of in this day of cyber-short attention spans. Personally, I’ve been coming here for information for the past few months, after doing a Google for D70 lenses and finding a wealth of info and knowledgeable people. Admittedly, it was somewhat intimidating, and rather than jump right in, I took the time to read the archives, rules, etc… and I finally joined last week. My guess is that there are many more like me out there, circling for a landing. So every guest is a potential member, and that alone bodes well for the future.