PDA

View Full Version : DCRP appreciation

Steev
07-07-2005, 10:18 PM
I just have to say, DCRP is EXCELLENT!!!
I've been browsing around the site for the last couple months, and I can NOT believe how much info is in here and how perfect the reviews are!!
This page has given more information then I could ever need!!
I'm very close to buying a digital SLR and I've been studying the reviews for awhile....
The help from this page is unmeasurable!!!
I'm beyond words to give my thanks!!

Please keep up the excellent work!!
I've been telling everybody to come check it out :)

Thanks!
Steev

Chucko
07-08-2005, 12:55 AM
I agree. This site is responsible for me buying not one, but two digicams in the last two months!

Kudos to Jeff and all the other participants.

St. Chris
07-08-2005, 09:46 AM
I bought both my Canon PowerShots (S30 and S2 IS) largely due to Jeff's reviews. DCRP is the only digicam review site that spares you the PR and just plain reviews the camera. (Jeff does publish the manufacturer press releases, but they're clearly labeled as such and are not embedded in the reviews.) On every other site, I have to scroll past (or page through) a bunch of marketing copy or redundant summary info before I really find out what the camera is like. And I appreciate how few and well-contained the ads are.

This is not to say that I don't get something out of the other review sites, but Jeff has the best attitude, presentation, and signal-to-noise ratio of all of them.

If you've been helped by DCRP as much as I have, do as I did: Make a donation with the PayPal link on the About page (http://www.dcresource.com/about/about-dcrp.html). No, Jeff didn't put me up to that -- I'm just another appreciative reader.

SamPhilly
07-08-2005, 11:19 AM
I agree this site is awesome, so are the folks. When I went looking for a camera, this was a really good resource (I ended up with an Oly 770). I've learned a lot about taking good photos, and I know I'll be asking for advice in the future! :)

Didn't know about the PayPal option, I'll have to check that out. I know running a site like this can be expensive.

Clyde
07-08-2005, 05:19 PM
I bought both my Canon PowerShots (S30 and S2 IS) largely due to Jeff's reviews.

And I appreciate how few and well-contained the ads are.

If you've been helped by DCRP as much as I have, do as I did: Make a donation with the PayPal link on the About page (http://www.dcresource.com/about/about-dcrp.html). No, Jeff didn't put me up to that -- I'm just another appreciative reader.

I have bought three digital cameras now, all chosen by careful consultation of the reviews here. In each case I did quite a bit of research to figure out where to buy the camera. After consulting many websites to get a reasonable price from a reliable etailer, I came back here and tried to get to the etailer via one of the links on DCRP. I generally used the pricegrabber link at the top of the page. My hope is that Jeff gets more clickthrough dough based on how many people buy from his links.

Clyde