PDA

View Full Version : Buy/Sell Forum

nonilley
07-04-2005, 11:09 PM
I think it would be somewhat beneficial to start to see a Buy/Sell forum on this site, that way people looking to get used cameras could get one, and people lookin to get rid of camears they just don't need can sell them.

I don't know if anyone else agrees with this, it's just my 2 cents.

ander75it
07-05-2005, 03:25 AM
Seconded. I, for one, would rather buy a used cam from a digicam fan (who likely treated the camera well) than from an unknown party.

nonilley
07-05-2005, 06:51 PM
Those were my thoughts exactly, a buy/sell forum with a feedback sub forum so that people can leave positive and negative feedback about whom they've traded with.

That way people like me can get cut deals from reliable sellers, sure it's used, but it is probably in very good condition.

St. Chris
07-08-2005, 10:05 AM
I don't know whether it would be a logistics nightmare, but I really like this idea.

Ruffian29
07-08-2005, 10:43 AM
I agree, it'd be nice to be able to sell things like extra batteries and cases that someone might have bought that were too big or small or whatnot.

cdifoto
07-09-2005, 09:59 AM
While I think it would be a good idea in some ways...in other ways I think you might as well go look on eBay...

...because in reality, you know just as much about an eBay seller as you would a seller on here. With the internet being as anonymous as it is, you really don't know for sure whether the seller here or on eBay (or anywhere else for that matter) is being as honest & professional as they claim.

The real nightmare is with the forum being moderated and hosted by dcresource, traders would expect some sort of protection if a transaction goes sour.