PDA

View Full Version : This thing on?

Jeff Keller
07-01-2004, 01:33 PM
Well, there you have it folks. An all new forum, totally empty. Let's fill it up with messages now! As for the people who wanted threads, your wish is granted. I'll do my best to close duplicate threads to keep things on track here.

A note about the look and feel of this site: I didn't feel that it was worth spending a lot of time customizing this, as the site is about to be remodeled anyway.

If you see anything strange, let me know!

Jeff

D70FAN
07-01-2004, 02:46 PM
Definately different. It's nice to be a junior member again. Why I remember back in the 90's...sort of.

shaked_i
07-01-2004, 03:13 PM
Hello
Great stuff.
Now just fill up with data and questions, and you got yourselves a great source of data and a get-together.

Safe-Journey!

Bane
07-01-2004, 05:18 PM
Finally :)! vBulletin is great.

DCPR is worldwide, and one of the most knowed site about digital cameras. Good and large forum is one of the most important part of good hardware site, generally.

Once againt..... Finally!!!

Rhys
07-01-2004, 07:28 PM
I've only ever used this kind of forum a couple of times before. It's interesting to see the different layouts for newsgroups.

I suppose it'll take a bit of getting used to.

Rhys

kgosden
07-01-2004, 09:39 PM
Well, it will take a while to get used to this setup. I guess we'll see how it goes. Too bad about all the old messages:-(

GregC
07-02-2004, 07:34 AM
Well, I think the new forums are great (as far as setup goes). Quite frankly, I had a hard time navigating and using the old forums. Since the redesign, though, I plan to be a regular poster here. I think the vBulletin system is quite easy to follw, and as an added bonus, I'm already used to it since I regularly visit the iPodlounge forums, which also use vBulletin. Thanks, Jeff, and keep up the good work. :)

nowin
07-02-2004, 10:26 AM
The new forum seems pretty decent for me, in a basic sort-of-way...(regular reader, infrequent poster).

eddie

Skics
07-02-2004, 10:59 AM
Forum migration was a great idea. Much nicer than the previous system. Thanks for the hard work Jeff, truly an excellent resource.

Nick
07-02-2004, 11:08 AM
Aye aye! I'm quite used to VB, so these forums are much easier and nicer for me to navigate and to respond faster, or generally, post more :)

Great work!

AC Baron
07-02-2004, 12:45 PM
I love the vBullitan format. It's the same several other forums I frequent use as well and it's great for all types of posts including photos and whatnot. Now we can do real world comparisons and photo postings. :D

Nick
07-07-2004, 12:34 PM
I have to say: It's on!