Panasonic also has some news for owners of their Lumix G interchangeable lens cameras. They are now offering four conversion lenses that are compatible with the 14 - 42 mm power zoom lens as well as the 14 mm pancake lens. The lenses include:
- DMW-GWC1 wide-angle: reduces the wide end of your lens to 11 mm (22 mm equivalent)
- DMW-GTC1 telephoto: boosts the focal range by 2X, so your 14 - 42 will now be 84 mm at the telephoto end; sounds like you cannot attach it unless the lens is at full telephoto; not compatible with the pancake lens
- DMW-GMC1 macro: reduces the minimum focus distance to 14 cm with the pancake lens, and 16 cm with the power zoom
- DMC-GFC1 fisheye: gives you a 120 degree, ultra-wide view of the scene
Pricing and availability will be announced 30 days before these conversion lenses start shipping.
PANASONIC INTRODUCES FOUR NEW CONVERSION LENSES FOR THE LUMIX G SERIES OF COMPACT SYSTEM CAMERAS
LAS VEGAS, NV (January 9, 2012) – Panasonic today announces four new conversion lenses that are compatible with the H-PS14042 (LUMIX G X VARIO PZ 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 ASPH./POWER O.I.S.) and H-H014* (LUMIX G 14mm / F2.5 ASPH.) Panasonic Micro Four Thirds lenses, which are part of the LUMIX G Series and compatible with the company’s compact system cameras (CSC).
These compact and lightweight conversion lenses are built to be mobile and allow users of Panasonic LUMIX G series digital cameras to easily switch a lens to enjoy the benefits and flexibility of different shooting options and angles. The four new conversion lenses include:
- DMW-GWC1 Wide Conversion Lens: Helps to capture dynamic scenery with a wider viewing angle and extends the focal length of wide-end from 14mm to 11mm when attached to the front of the lens. Also helpful when shooting indoor group photos where space is often limited. (Compatible with H-PS14042 and H-H014 lenses)
- DMW-GTC1 Tele Conversion Lens: Helps capture a subject that is faraway by extending the focal length of tele-end from 42mm to 84mm when attached to the front of the lens.** This conversion lens is particularly helpful when shooting long-distance street-view shots while traveling. (Compatible with H-PS14042 lens)
- DMW-GMC1 Macro Conversion Lens: Designed to enable extremely close macro shooting at a focus distance of just 0.14m when attached to the front of the lens.*** This conversion lens is ideal for capturing amazing detail in small subjects such as flowers and insects. (Compatible with H-PS14042 and H-H014 lenses)
- DMW-GFC1 Fisheye Conversion Lens: Helps users shoot creative and unique photographs with a rounded, 120-degree angle, effect. (Compatible with H-PS14042 and H-H014 lenses)
All four new conversion lenses come with an included adaptor ring for use with the H-PS14042 lens and H-H014, with the exception of the DMC-GTC1, which is compatible with the H-PS14042 only.
The H-PS14042 (the LUMIX G X VARIO PZ 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 ASPH./POWER O.I.S.) is a cutting-edge interchangeable lens with electric-powered zoom operation from Panasonic’s premium lens brand “X” for LUMIX G Series. Using Panasonic's optical technologies, the new lens features superb image rendering for lifelike textures and crisp edge-to-edge contrast.
The H-H014 (LUMIX G 14mm / F2.5 ASPH.) lens is an extremely lightweight and compact single focal length lens with a 14mm wide angle and F2.5 brightness. Taking advantage of the wide angle of view and deep depth of field, the compact lens offers excellent performance in shooting of not only landscapes but also snapshots or indoor shooting.
Pricing and 2012 availability will be announced approximately 30 days prior to shipping. For more information, and live coverage on January 10-11 from Panasonic at the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show, please visit www.panasonic.com/CES. Plus, follow Panasonic’s CES activities on Twitter @PanasonicEvents and join the conversations.
* The DMW-GTC1 is not compatible with the H-H014 lens.
**Attachable when the lens is at tele-end