Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Unhappy incompatible JPEG format?

i just bought my powershot a95 last week (saturday), and for the past few days (as i'm in playback mode), the camera says that some of the pictures are an "incompatible JPEG format".

i want to get prints of some of the pictures..will this still be possible with this error showing up?
    is it something i'm doing wrong?
    i do edit the pictures sometimes...does that contribute to the problem?
    is this something that i will have to get repaired, and how can i prevent this from occuring again?

thanks in advance!

- Sade

Quote Originally Posted by saldiamond
    ),
    i do edit the pictures sometimes...does that contribute to the problem?
    - Sade
    If you edit the jpeg then the problem is when you save it. Don't save it back to the camera. Save it to your PC's hard drive instead, and leave the original intact on the camera. Usually it is best to copy the jpeg's to your PC's hard drive first, then open them (from the hard drive), and edit an save them from there.

The program you are using to edit the pictures does not produce jpeg's compatible with the camera. Also when you edit from the camera's memory card the process will be very slow as the card's speed does not compare at all to your PC's hard drive's speed.

Good luck with your new camera.

I had the exact same problem with the A510. Even if you just flip a vertical shot to the horizontal position on the card so you can see it, and do no other editing, it will show this error. The previous poster told it right, just move the pics to the computer without touching them on the card and you will not get the error.

Thumbs up

thanks so much, dadof4 and mes444!