Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To US citizens

To US citizens

Can anyone of you tell me how the prices of digital cameras ( especially sony dsc-h1) in normal shops compare to those in internet shops? I have a friend in NY (havent talked to him yet ) and would like to know if the prices in internet shops are much higher then those in normal shops .

For example it is possible to buy h1 in butterfly shop for 450 $ and my question is if it would be also possible to buy it for the same price in normal shop? Thanks for any reply .

The prices on the Internet will always be lower than normal shops.
    And this refers to the good Internet shops such as Amazon, buydig, newegg. You can always find "too good to be true" deals on the Net but I won't even consider those.

Online sites usually have more stock too

Formerly South Wales. Now South Carolina.
    Quote Originally Posted by nitr0uzv
    Online sites usually have more stock too
    Except Amazon - who seem to wait until they have enougth orders before they buy. Amazon will "estimate" delivery forever without ever actually effecting delivery.

It depends on the shop. For example, it seems to me that every camera I see in Ritz Camera is the same price on RitzCamera.com.
    Ray.

Yes Ray Schnoor, I agree. I have looked online at other stores too like best buy and walmart and the prices are the same as the item in the store and so I will just get it at the store to save s&h.

Quote Originally Posted by fnoel
    Yes Ray Schnoor, I agree. I have looked online at other stores too like best buy and walmart and the prices are the same as the item in the store and so I will just get it at the store to save s&h.
    but in most cases in store tax is at least double what the shipping is... That is dependent on what you purcahse though...
    Nikon D90 | Sigma 10-20 HSM | DX 18-105 f3.5-5.6 VR | DX 55-200 VR | 35 f/2.0 D | 50 f/1.4 D | 85mm F/1.8 D | SB-800 x 3 | SU-800
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Flickr | Twitter

look for good deals online, but shop wisely, by using resellerratings.com
    US Navy--Hooyah!

Nikon D700/D300|17-35 f/2.8, 24-70 f/2.8, Sigmalux, 80-200 f/2.8, 16 f/2.8 fisheye,

Lots of flashes and Honl gear.

Quote Originally Posted by aparmley
    but in most cases in store tax is at least double what the shipping is... That is dependent on what you purcahse though...
    Just a quick note. I apologize if this sounds rude because it is the least of my intentions. Sometimes with my wording I tend to come accross that way. So once again and this is sincere I do apologize but the only reason that I go to the store and buy something in these cases is here in NY where I live if the online store has a store in this state even if I buy it on line I still have to pay the state tax on top of the shipping. So really the only thing I save is the shipping cost by buying from the store instead of on line.

You may save S&H but you will have to pay sales tax. In New York, sales tax is 8.625%, so factor that into the cost.