Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 4 of 100 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Leaf Thread

Hey Geoff, I think I've found your leaf. I believe it's a Siberian Bugloss.

http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/23417/
    Last edited by wall; 06-26-2005 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wall
    Hey Geoff, I think I've found your leaf. I believe it's a Siberian Buglass.

http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/23417/
    You've got it by the looks of it - that gotta be the one - thanks for that.
    Geoff Chandler. UK/England/Surrey
    NIKON D90 / D80. Nikon 16 - 85 VR, Tamron 28-200,
    Sigma 70-300APO, Tokina 100 AT-X Pro D.
    SB600 flash. Panasonic DMC-TZ25

http://geof777.multiply.com

Heres a leaf trying to hide...
    1/250 sec; f/5.6; ISO 400; 300mm
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Nikon D90 | Sigma 10-20 HSM | DX 18-105 f3.5-5.6 VR | DX 55-200 VR | 35 f/2.0 D | 50 f/1.4 D | 85mm F/1.8 D | SB-800 x 3 | SU-800
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Flickr | Twitter

WOW folks. Haven't you been having some some fun in my PC enforced absence. Great shots everyone and a real eye opener for anyone who thinks leaves, etc. are boring. Wonderful compositions with a great deal of artistitic eye in choice of colour and form. Thanks for sharing all your shots.

aparmley - really like the hiding leaf the constrast of green and brown, shrivelled and juicy foliage really makes your eyes wander around the shot.

Bald Eagle - as always great selection of colour and form - it must be quite a responsibility living up to your reputation

Geoff C great colours and definition on what "we all knew" was Siberian Bugloss and the smoke bush aganist a neutral background is a real charmer. Was that a sheet of paper or a concrete wall?

Wall - another of your super shots using lighting to produce a really exciting and dramatic effect.

toast the most - what a very effective composition using just green objects. The surrounding verdant green moss really frames the two leaves. Did you blur the corners of the shot in post-processing or was it due to depth of field?

Don't think I missed anyone out. Here is a thistle flower in its bud - "wi-cked".

Regards
    Wombat

Thanks for the kind comments, Wombat. This thread really shows that you can find beauty in the most ordinary of things. It's about time people stepped back from all the flower photos and took a look at the plants that they sprout from .

Here's another leafy contribution:

F/8; 1/50; ISO 50

Whatda ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by Wombat
    WOW folks. Haven't you been having some some fun in my PC enforced absence. Great shots everyone and a real eye opener for anyone who thinks leaves, etc. are boring. Wonderful compositions with a great deal of artistitic eye in choice of colour and form. Thanks for sharing all your shots.
    ~~~~~~~~
    Geoff C great colours and definition on what "we all knew" was Siberian Bugloss and the smoke bush aganist a neutral background is a real charmer. Was that a sheet of paper or a concrete wall?
    ~~~~~~~~
    Regards
    Wombat
    It was neither - just the patio in the background, the angle of the shot etc threw it right out of focus.
    Thanks for the comments
    Geoff Chandler. UK/England/Surrey
    NIKON D90 / D80. Nikon 16 - 85 VR, Tamron 28-200,
    Sigma 70-300APO, Tokina 100 AT-X Pro D.
    SB600 flash. Panasonic DMC-TZ25

http://geof777.multiply.com

Quote Originally Posted by wall
    This thread really shows that you can find beauty in the most ordinary of things. It's about time people stepped back from all the flower photos and took a look at the plants that they sprout from .

Here's another leafy contribution: Whatda ya think?
    Another great shot I like the way you have composed the shot on the angle and from the end of one leaf - makes it seem such a long way to the centre and really draws your eye in.

Here's another shot - this time of Geranium robertianum [herb robert] whos leaves always turn this beautiful flame colour in summer.

Regards
    Wombat

Wombat, those shots are fantastic. Thanks for the mighty praise. Nature places it there, i just try to make it interesting.

Wall, that's a great "drop shot." Wombat, I like that fall preview. I could use both some refreshing drops and some fall coolness, as it is 34C here! So thanks for posting some virtual refreshments.

Here is some more leafiness, "Keys at the End of the Tunnel":
    Gerard Stafleu
    Gallery at http://www.flickr.com/photos/gstafleu

Very nice, great shot, I call mine "what a plant would look like after a dye job"