Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

I need a good D70 tutorial

Hi there,

I'm quite new at DSLR (I just bought the Nikon D70) and I really want to have a book or cd that can teach me to use this camera in the modes other than just the point-and-shoot once. I've always loved to take pictures and I really want to be a "professional" in this. So I wanted a book or cd that can teach me the basics to the mastering of it. ( I don't like to use something before learning how to). I have taken a lot of photo's in the point-and-shoot modes, but I did not buy this camera for this!
    Can someone please help me?

I would like to know which of the following is the best to choose from:
    - DSLR Nikon D70 : Peter iNova or
    - Nikon D70 digital field guide : David D Busch or
    - Introduction to the Nikon D70/D70s digital slr : Blue crane digital;DVD

Also if you know of a better one please let me too.

I hope you someone can help me.

Thanks

I've heard real good things about Thom Hogan's ebook

Quote Originally Posted by BigConig
    I've heard real good things about Thom Hogan's ebook

Thank You for also sending the site, I'm going through it right now.

But I really have to tell what an awesome photo gallery you have. Your photo's are really beautifull and I like the same themes.
    You inspire me to learn to use my camera as I should.

Thanks a lot

I have the Blue Crane DVD and the Peter iNova eBook. I like both for different reasons. The DVD covers the basics about the camera and digital photography. The iNova eBook is a great reference guide, covering everything in detail. The eBook is interactive and thorough (over 450 full size pages). I've printed the book, which I keep at home, but I travel with the eBook on my laptop. If I had to choose one as a beginners guide, though, it would be the video.
    - Kenyada
    In Life, as in Photography, things look much brighter, once you remove the lens cap
    Nikon D70 w/18-70mm | Sigma 70-300mm Macro II | SB800 | SC29 Cord | ML-L3 Remote | Canon iP5000/i9900 Printers | Feisol CM1401 cf Mo'pod/Manfrotto 3229 Head

Quote Originally Posted by clauss
    Thank You for also sending the site, I'm going through it right now.

But I really have to tell what an awesome photo gallery you have. Your photo's are really beautifull and I like the same themes.
    You inspire me to learn to use my camera as I should.

Thanks a lot
    Thanks Clauss, you made my morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenyada
    I have the Blue Crane DVD and the Peter iNova eBook. I like both for different reasons. The DVD covers the basics about the camera and digital photography. The iNova eBook is a great reference guide, covering everything in detail. The eBook is interactive and thorough (over 450 full size pages). I've printed the book, which I keep at home, but I travel with the eBook on my laptop. If I had to choose one as a beginners guide, though, it would be the video.

Thanks Kenyada,

I was also choosing between these 2, but if both are good I think I will buy both.

Thanks for the tip