Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    klwong570 Guest

Continued Scam Efforts

Apparently the same guys are at it again...

Today the sellers were:
    Alecsandru Marinica <gre8deal@gmail.com>
    Shreyas Patel <swami147@yahoo.com>

The address listed for the second guy was:
    Emanuel Derich
    449 Luton Rd
    London NW109PT
    United Kingdom

I was trying to purchase a Canon Digital Rebel XT 8MP Digital SLR from Amazon. These guys both asked for Western Union Wire transfers and instructed me to send them my mailing info which would then be confirmed through Amazon. After a few emails, I checked Amazon.com only to discover no such "purchase" was in process. I called Amazon (800) 201-7575 to check it out. They knew nothing about the order. Luckily, I hadn't sent any money. But definitely be careful. I was nearly dupped by the good ratings these guys apparently had. (with 2000 sales attributed to the first one, for instance)

If anyone is still trying to catch these guys, I hope this post helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Formerly South Wales. Now South Carolina.
    Quote Originally Posted by klwong570
    Apparently the same guys are at it again...

Today the sellers were:
    Alecsandru Marinica <gre8deal@gmail.com>
    Shreyas Patel <swami147@yahoo.com>

The address listed for the second guy was:
    Emanuel Derich
    449 Luton Rd
    London NW109PT
    United Kingdom

I was trying to purchase a Canon Digital Rebel XT 8MP Digital SLR from Amazon. These guys both asked for Western Union Wire transfers and instructed me to send them my mailing info which would then be confirmed through Amazon. After a few emails, I checked Amazon.com only to discover no such "purchase" was in process. I called Amazon (800) 201-7575 to check it out. They knew nothing about the order. Luckily, I hadn't sent any money. But definitely be careful. I was nearly dupped by the good ratings these guys apparently had. (with 2000 sales attributed to the first one, for instance)

If anyone is still trying to catch these guys, I hope this post helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Perhaps this should be passed onto the metropolitan police? They have a cyber-crime squad. http://www.met.police.uk/

Delightful-- FOUND on ebay, too.

This Ionel person gets around.

(known) SN: hyspain

-advertises to be from Spain, but actually from Romania. Fully expecting this, I sent him an e-mail with some questions and I got back: Dear sir,

The item is brand new in original box( never open ), will come with 1 year intrnational warranty , is USA model ( NTSC ) also you have FREE SHIPPING . Price of the item is only 600 $ !! So if you are interested to buy it now you must to accept our shipping & payments methods :

1. The product will be shipped through DHL
    2. I will give you the tracking number from DHL
    3. You can verify the shipping with the tracking number on DHL web site ( Will be mentioned weight and name of package )
    4. Now you must send the payment through Western Union .

We are a small company in Romania , here all products are cheaps for others countrys like US and this product don't work here because is NTSC and we work with PAL secam.

If you agree our methods of shipping & payment i will wait your details ( full name and full address ) so i can go to DHL and ship the product to you .

With Regards,
    Militaru Ion Daniel

Formerly South Wales. Now South Carolina.
    Quote Originally Posted by sots
    This Ionel person gets around.

(known) SN: hyspain

-advertises to be from Spain, but actually from Romania. Fully expecting this, I sent him an e-mail with some questions and I got back: Dear sir,

The item is brand new in original box( never open ), will come with 1 year intrnational warranty , is USA model ( NTSC ) also you have FREE SHIPPING . Price of the item is only 600 $ !! So if you are interested to buy it now you must to accept our shipping & payments methods :

1. The product will be shipped through DHL
    2. I will give you the tracking number from DHL
    3. You can verify the shipping with the tracking number on DHL web site ( Will be mentioned weight and name of package )
    4. Now you must send the payment through Western Union .

We are a small company in Romania , here all products are cheaps for others countrys like US and this product don't work here because is NTSC and we work with PAL secam.

If you agree our methods of shipping & payment i will wait your details ( full name and full address ) so i can go to DHL and ship the product to you .

With Regards,
    Militaru Ion Daniel

Where are my hip-waders? All cameras will work with both PAL and NTSC.

dcabello Guest

Exclamation Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou I read this before

I am glad I did this search before sending the money using Western Union as this scamer's instructions were, here is my story: I find in the Amazon.com Marketplace a guy that sells an X2 Infocus DLP Projector for $550 plus $10 S&H, very appealing; I place my order asuming Amazon.com will charge my VISA Card and forward the money to this "Emanuel" guy as they have done it with my previous purchases from the Marketplace. The day after I place my order I get an email from Amazon.com that reads:

"We're sorry, we're unable to complete your order from an Amazon Marketplace seller enjoythegroove1@hotmail.com. We have canceled this transaction and you have not been charged for the order."

I emailed "enjoythegroove1@hotmail.com" and asked him why he had cancelled the order. He immediately replys:

"Sir the offert is avaible.But if you want to buy the projector you must send me your full name and address so i can call to amazon center to approve the transaction.After that you will receive an email confirmation from them with the all shipping details and payment method.
    Please email me asap with your full info!"

I sent him my full name and address and then I did get 2 (TWO) identical emails from Amazon (since when Amazon.com sends the emails twice?) saying that the item was sold to me and telling me the payment instructions. They were asking me to pay via Western Union Wire Transfer (I thought Amazon.com was supposed to charge my Credit Card!!!) I even chatted with the guy on the yahoo Messenger he told me he was in London, so I asked him where the item was, he told me the projector was in the United States, in the Amazon warehouse. What the heck!!?!?!?! Does this guy think I'm stupid? I went on with his game and decided to do a Google search on this BASTARD, I found this Forum and was stunned to realize I was not the first one. So please be careful when buying in Marketplaces like Amazon or ebay, ALWAYS use Amazon itself or PayPal when paying for goods. that way you'll be protected. OOh by the way, that email "from Amazon" asking me to send money through Western Union to:

Emanuel Derich
    449 Luton Rd
    London NW109PT
    United Kingdom

also totaled $550, as I was chatting with the guy I asked him what about the S&H??? He said it was included. Yeah Right ! when I completed my purchase in Amazon when I placed the order Shipping was $10 making a total of $560, and now this new "Amazon" email doesn't say anything about shipping ??!?!?!? That was stupid very stupid my Emanuel friend. I hope you read this and are behind bars when you do it. Have your mother send you wire transfers!!! As*sho*e! I hope this comment was useful for other people to keep them from doing business with this kind of guys.

This a ficticious address. I searched the Royal Mail postcode database and the answer was:- The address or postcode you have entered is not listed in our database.

Scamstopper Guest

How to stop....

Lets say that I am involved with this exact scam right now... How would I get this guy caught? There might be hope for everyone.......

Marinica Alecsandru

It just happened to me- unfortunately I sent money - western union.

The same story- I wanted to order via Amason, no success, than i contacted this person- i received confirmation and payment instructions- I trusted Amason....

Thanks for your order,Milena Likar !

Want to track your order status?
    Learn how with our animated demo!

Did you know you can view your orders online, 24 hours a day? Click Your Account to:

Access "Where's My Stuff?"
    See tax and seller information
    Do much more...
    Purchasing Information:
    E-mail Address: milenka-likar@charter.net

Billing Address:

Milena Likar
    110 southchase blvd
    Fountain Inn,SC 29644
    USA
    < /FONT> Shipping Address:

Milena Likar
    110 southchase blvd
    Fountain Inn,SC 29644
    USA

Order Grand Total: $600.00

Order Summary:
    Shipping Details: Standard
    Have questions about this order? Please contact the seller..

Shipping Method: Standard Shipping
    Total Price: $600.00
    Shipping & Handling: $0.00
    ------
    Total for this Order: $600.00

Shipping estimate for these items: July 19, 2005 3 "Canon Powershot S2 IS 5MP Digital Camera with 12x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom"

$600.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Payment Method:
    The seller requests to be paid via Western Union Wire Transfer.
    Thank you for the understanding.

To submit the payment with Western Union Money Transfer you have the following option:
    Pay for the transfer with cash at a local Western Union agent.
    Click here to locate the agents in your area :
    http://www.westernunion.com/info/agentInquiryIntl.asp

Once the payment was sent, provide the seller with the following information:
    1) MTCN (Western Union Money Transfer Control Number):
    2) Sender name :
    3) Sender address :
    4) City where you sent the money from:
    5) Amount sent:
    Then wait for the confirmation that the payment was received. Within 2 business days,
    you will receive the tracking number for your product.

Shipping from Address and Payment Information:
    E-mail Address: gre8deal@gmail.com

Ship from :

Amazon Center

New York,NY 10002

Payment Address:

Marinica Alecsandru
    Str Cuza Voda 43
    Zip 0300
    City Pitesti
    ROMANIA

Note: Due to this terms the shipping will be supported by the seller.

The item was sent to your address ,now you have to make the payment for you can receive the item at time.

If you will not make the payment ,we will stop the shippment.Don't reply ,ask seller if you have questions.

Purchase Protection and Refund Information:
    Currently, this seller has $ 4,000.00 deposit in an Amazon.com managed purchase protection account. Transactions with this amazon seller are covered 90% in case of fraud and description errors.
    You have 14 days after you receive the product to request a refund.
    Refund requests are processed within 3 days.
    For your safety, this account was blocked today, for 14 time. The seller is unable to withdraw the money within this period.
    The seller was informed about this transaction being started and is awaiting for your payment.

You can review your orders in Your Account.

Please note: This e-mail message was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

Thanks again for shopping with us.

Amazon.com
    Earth's Biggest Selection

shroom08 Guest

I'm going along with this guy as we speak

Anyone have any info on what needs to be done? To whom should I forward all the email exchanges? The scam changed a bit... it's not with ipods... ipod photos 60gb nonetheless.... The guy offered a free one if you buy 2 and each one was 300 so totalling 600 for 3 ipods... I asked him about it right away and he said don't place the order thru the site right now, amazon will be contacting me real soon to confirm the order... what a fu*kin moron... I would love to get this guy caught... any ideas??

demcc101 Guest

I was caught too...

A few weeks ago I got my 300D stolen and was desperate to buy a new one as quickly as possible as I wanted to start a small freelance photography venture..
    I too 'bought' mine of this guy called Hanganu Marius Ionel.
    I had sent dozens of mails asking about the process and even got a friend in work to have a look to see if it all looked genuine. It really did. The mail arrived from Amazon to explain that I'd be covered for this transaction as the seller had an account with Amazon which would cover the cost for damaged or non-delivered goods. So much for that.
    Obviously Amazon won't cover you for a thing. They say that you should only ever pay through their site. They really should do something about this though. Post a comment on heir welcome page or something...
    This guy is getting away with thousands of $ and we are all paying the price.....

Sorry to hear about everyone else's loss... I honestly know how you all feel.

Dave