Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Formerly South Wales. Now South Carolina.
    Quote Originally Posted by IlBianconero
    Ok.I will post this info today,later.Now I am making some phonecalls, I have a buddy there,maybe he can give the address right away.But why Cluj? From the address I can see he said Pitesti as his city.However,it's probably fake as well.
    I can't remember now. I know Cluj came up somewhere in my research. I believe it could have been in an Australian version of the same scam.

Ok.The number for the police hedquarters in Cluj is this:0040264432872.
    From this number you should be redirected to fraud department. I was unable to find an address just yet,none of my friends knew.I think there is a guy from Cluj on this forum...almost certainly.
    Now I think they will have to open an investigation,I do not know if they are willing to do so...chasing internet frauds are very slow in here.
    I am amazed how the guy could get past the checkings on amazon.com...i mean,what?Anybody can do something like this...
    I will keep on trying to find out the address and maybe a contact name,but it may last a few days...my friens said they will look into it.
    Tell me if this helps and how you intend to take action.Then we will see.
    Mind Matters.Matters Not.

You are out the cash. Do a search on g00gle for western union scam or even dpreview.

Its been around for a while now.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by g0tr00t
    You are out the cash. Do a search on g00gle for western union scam or even dpreview.

Its been around for a while now.
    Isn't it amazing how the same scams repeatedly catch people out? Even scams that everybody knows about. I guess it's a case of con-artists playing on the desperate and the impoverished who tend to rationalise things far more than anybody else.

One of the people I meet occasionally works for the FBI and is amazed how often people fall for the Nigerian scams, the phishing scams and these Western Union scams. He even gets people calling to discuss the Nigerian scams to ask whether he thinks they should send more money. As they say "there's a sucker born every minute".

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys
    Isn't it amazing how the same scams repeatedly catch people out? Even scams that everybody knows about. I guess it's a case of con-artists playing on the desperate and the impoverished who tend to rationalise things far more than anybody else.
    I know. I hate seeing that. Everyone keeps looking for that "deal".

All I know is that since I live in the US, I only buy from people that live in the US. I have had some transactions with people from Spain, but we usually call each other and confirm the deals.

I also pay with a credit card, at least there "might" be some coverage...

I feel bad for this guy, but what can you do. I know if this happened to me, I would be very upset, but you also have to put money to your time. If you're out the $650, is it really worth trying to pursue someone hidden in Romania?
    David

Thanks for your input

Just want to thank (almost) all of you for your input. For a few of you, Yes. I got swindled and that's embarrassing enough. To be labelled 'impoverished and desperate' and lumped into the same group with those drawn into the Nigerian scandal, is a little harsh. I have done hundreds of internet dealings and never had a problem. So, yes. I probably do assume the 'best' in people, too much. Trust me, I did do my homework before buying from this guy. I don't buy much off Amazon, and when I was provided the forged Amazon document, I assumed it to be lagitimate. It wasn't. I'm screwed. Thanks for the lable.

For the rest of you, who have taken a sincere interest in helping me, I am sincerely grateful. I will pursure your leads and keep you posted as things go. If it costs me anoth $650.00 to get this parasite off the internet, and spare someone else my embarrassment and loss, it's worth it.

Thanks again. Sorry to be snappy. Not trying to play the 'poor victim' card but, I have been through enough. Just trying to turn it around.

Thanks for your kind words.

Is there any way of finding out if this person is Hanganu Marius Ionel? Can you look this up?

I appreciate your help. I am just at a real loss and don't know what to do.
    Thanks very much!
    BC

Quote Originally Posted by g0tr00t
    I know. I hate seeing that. Everyone keeps looking for that "deal".
    I keep looking for a wonderful deal too. In reality though, I find it's often better just to buy locally. Ritz will provide a top-end price from which you can probably knock 25% by buying elsewhere. I suspect the important thing is to find out what the MSRP for the product is and reckon on paying 75% of the price for a really good bargain.

rahulsin Guest

I have been duped too - ROMANIAN seller

I had placed an order for a Nikon D70 on July 24th 2005 from a seller who goes by the name Marinica Alecsandru
    I received a mail from Amazon stating that the order was cancelled as the Seller email ID alecsandru.seller@gmail.com was not in a position to take the payment.
    When I contacted the Seller, s/he replied back to me that if I am genuinely interested, I should provide them with details about my address and name which I promptly did. To this the seller, I assume, contacted Amazon to initiate another sale for the product and a mail was sent across to me stating that I should go ahead and make the payment through Western Union wire transfer. On the 27th I made the payment to the address that was mentioned as part of the mail and it was for a value of $600 for the camera. I provided the necessary details to the seller with regards to the Western Union Money transfer control number the same day.
    The seller never got back to me to tell me if s/he had received the money. Upon checking up with Western Union, they mentioned that the seller has already received the money. I wrote back to the seller a couple of times but I assume all my emails to the seller are falling on deaf ears.
    From their side, they do not confirm anything. I am in the dark about the sale as it does not show up on the Amazon site. All that I have is a copy of these emails that I have been exchanging with the seller.

I also have details with regards to the Seller's address. Is there anyway i get get this thug caught. He has been out way too long and there is not a thing you can do about him. Amazon sucks when it comes to customer support. My advise never buy stuff from amazon because you would never know whether its a geniune seller or one these cons out there. GUYS Exercise caution !! These guys are out there everywhere.

Can someone give me details where i can send information about this person and see if the Romanian police can do something about him.

wimnms Guest

Yeah, me too...on Western Union scam

Yeah, I was caught too and thought something from message-payments@amazon.com was real. I asked Western Union to get them to bring in Id for $ pickup but I'm sure they all enjoy faking about 100 identities.

He was (this time):

"David Adrian" <davidselleramazon@gmail.com>

Ship from Address:
    > David Adrian Ionut
    > Str Cuza
    > Voda 43,zip 0300
    > City Pitesti
    > ROMANIA