I have ordered a camera through Amazon.com. The seller is mamameaqw@yahoo.com, the seller's name is Hanganu Marius Ionel. Prudu B5A, Pitesti, 0300, Romania. I have sent him payment of $650.00, through Money Gram on June 8th, and have not received any word back from him. I had emailed him several times to confirm payment, innitially. Then, to inquire on the status of the order. I have gotten no response from him.
I wanted to bring this item to all of your attention, as I have a feeling he has victimized many people through different names. He is still an active seller on amazon and many other camera sites, through different names. If any of you have any information, please let me know.
I have contacted Amazon, my local authorities, the FBI and the Romanian Commerce department. I feel like a fool for ever allowing this to happen. I have a lot of company, unfortunately. Be very wary of Romanian sellers and NEVER send anyone a money wire, no matter how official the documents they provide look. That was the stupidest thing I could have done. Contact me at artaqq@southslope.net, if you have any information.