Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: S2 IS for $354

S2 IS for $354

I wont link to a commercial site, but will link to a bargain-related site. Dell home has this camera for $354 after discounts.

http://www.bensbargains.net/ktalk/11...3,72077,.shtml

If I could wait until mid-July for this camera I would hop all over this. However, I've already purchased the camera for $475 plus tax. *sigh*

Well I went ahead and ordered this sucker. A deal too good to pass up. It's hard when you have money burning a hole in your pocket...

Oops not anymore....

TRA

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!

I think I was actually starting to go a little crazy - weighing the pros and cons of the S1 vs. S2 in my head... is the S2 really worth the extra $200? Probably, but it's reeeeally close. Too close for me to pull the trigger on either one. But NOW?? Now it's a no-brainer!! Honestly, I didn't believe this thread at first (no offense) - but naturally HAD to check it out... I was very pleased to discover that it's actually legit!! I ordered mine a few minutes ago!! Thanks again ucdcrush!!!

If you are 'on the fence' like I was on which megazoom to buy - this should remove all doubt. Do it - NOW. Before Dell figures out what's going on!! Seriously - they are losing a LOT of money on this deal, so I'm sure that it's a mistake and won't last much longer. $354 is just too good to pass up! Glad I ordered mine!

Talking

I ordered mine today after reading this thread. thanks ucdcrush.. i would have never known about this deal if you hadn't posted it. cvicisso pretty much summed it up.. at this price, it's a no-brainer. now i can take all the money i saved and buy a 2gb sd card! i was on the fence about what to buy but this took care of that... this deal ends on tuesday so don't wait if you're planning on buying this camera.

Quote Originally Posted by cvicisso
    Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!

I think I was actually starting to go a little crazy - weighing the pros and cons of the S1 vs. S2 in my head... is the S2 really worth the extra $200? Probably, but it's reeeeally close. Too close for me to pull the trigger on either one. But NOW?? Now it's a no-brainer!! Honestly, I didn't believe this thread at first (no offense) - but naturally HAD to check it out... I was very pleased to discover that it's actually legit!! I ordered mine a few minutes ago!! Thanks again ucdcrush!!!

If you are 'on the fence' like I was on which megazoom to buy - this should remove all doubt. Do it - NOW. Before Dell figures out what's going on!! Seriously - they are losing a LOT of money on this deal, so I'm sure that it's a mistake and won't last much longer. $354 is just too good to pass up! Glad I ordered mine!

Well said. I ordered mine from Dell today as well. The 350$ pice instantly removed all doubt.

The Olympus c770 I wanted used very weak proprietary batteries, and the cost of 4-5 backups and a car charger really made the camera about 360-370$.

Now I dont have to worry AT ALL about charging batteries while in Yellowstone or Glacier National Park, i have 12x IS, zooming in video and widespread SD.

Im happy.

now if the camera will get here

Quote Originally Posted by vpolineni
    I ordered mine today after reading this thread. thanks ucdcrush.. i would have never known about this deal if you hadn't posted it. cvicisso pretty much summed it up.. at this price, it's a no-brainer. now i can take all the money i saved and buy a 2gb sd card! i was on the fence about what to buy but this took care of that... this deal ends on tuesday so don't wait if you're planning on buying this camera.

how much are decent 2 gig cards going for these days?

If you look here You can monitor the prices. Currently they seem to go for about $190 or so shipped, not including tax. 1GB seem the better buy still.

TRA

I saw 2gb Ultra II Sandisk at www.erwincomp.com for $172.95...
    As with every place, the 2gb is on backorder, or hasn't been released???
    Should be available any day. the 1gb version is $79.

BTW.. Montana.. In case you were wondering... I've been comparing the FZ5 and Canon S2 side by side.. and at LEAST with indoor flash photography, it's no contest. The S2 produces the better pictures with less noise. The FZ5 looks washed out.. and has a lot of noise. This was a disapointment, as it's so fast to focus, and so nice outdoors.. and handles sooo welll.. The Canon may take longer to focus, but I'll wait. It's a shame. I had landed a good deal on the FZ5, and had though of returning the s2, and keeping the s1. At this point, it's the FZ5 going back, and I'm selling the S1.

Quote Originally Posted by TRAmbler
    If you look here You can monitor the prices. Currently they seem to go for about $190 or so shipped, not including tax. 1GB seem the better buy still.

TRA

yep. I would rather have a 1 gig cards and this:

http://www.supergooddeal.com/product_p/hs30otg.htm