Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Exclamation Not on Circuit Cities Website

I wonder what is going on with the FZ20. It is not on CC's website. Mine is being shipped now--will there be an upgrade? Maybe that is what I get for ordering a camera when it first comes out.
    Janet

DOn't worry

Even if they do some kind of upgrade it would probably only be firmware and you could get that updated. Its probably some kind of distribution problem or something, maybe just a mistake by circuitcity. I love mine, so will you.

Worry, Worry, Worry.

Quote Originally Posted by kloid
    . Its probably some kind of distribution problem or something, maybe just a mistake by circuitcity. I love mine, so will you.
    I am sure you are right. Well, I hope you are! I am a natural born worrier.
    If you hear anything, let me know.

Janet

Re: Not on CC Website

Quote Originally Posted by Janet
    I wonder what is going on with the FZ20. It is not on CC's website. Mine is being shipped now--will there be an upgrade? Maybe that is what I get for ordering a camera when it first comes out.
    Janet
    Janet, if you look at Panasonic's original releases about these FZ cameras, posted on 20 July, I think, they always said the products would become available in September sometime. Amazon, for example, has been quoting availability around 21 September or so. It may well be that Panasonic decided to to run up a "trial balloon" with Circuit City On-line, just to "see how it goes." There's some evidence that CC just "ran out" of stock (I say that because they had just raised the $539 price to $599, the original MSRP, which is what you can do when you have more orders than stock). Any rumors of "upgrades" are strictly that - rumors. Panasonic's upgrades are few and far between, in my experience. The FZ20 photos I've seen and taken indicate to me that the camera, as is, is pretty solid.
    Let a be your umbrella!

Fa3

Janet,

The FZ3 is also missing from CC's website. I checked last night, and the whole web site was down. There was a message stating that the site was being revamped. When I checked this morning, it had a whole new look, but the FZ20 and FZ3 were both gone. A guy at my local CC told me on Saturday that he thought they might have an FZ3 in the store by today (Tuesday), but I seriously doubt that. We'll have to see how things turn out over the next few days. Hope you get your FZ20 soon. Good luck.
    Last edited by propwash; 09-07-2004 at 03:54 PM.

Ritz Camera

I walked into a local Ritz Camera store today and asked about the FZ 20. The sales guy there looked it up in the store computer and said that it was listed and so that would mean that they should get some in stock in the next couple of weeks. I know that may seem like a long time to some, but maybe this is a sign of a wide release coming soon to lots of places Just thought I would let people know what I found out. Sorry to hear about the CC problem.

PixChick

Quote Originally Posted by PixChick
    I walked into a local Ritz Camera store today and asked about the FZ 20. The sales guy there looked it up in the store computer and said that it was listed and so that would mean that they should get some in stock in the next couple of weeks. I know that may seem like a long time to some, but maybe this is a sign of a wide release coming soon to lots of places Just thought I would let people know what I found out. Sorry to hear about the CC problem.

PixChick
    Thanks PixChick. If I'm not mistaken the new FZ family originally was not due for sale until mid-late September. Every camera store I've asked has cameras due in this time-frame. I guess CC pulled some strings, and Panasonic decided to pull back.
    D7000, D70, CP990, CP900, FE.
    50mm f/1.8, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, Nikon 18-105 VR, Nikon 55-200 VR, Nikon 43-86 f/3.5 AiS, Vivitar 28-90 F/2.8-3.5 Macro, Vivitar 75-205 F/3.8-4.8, SB800.
    Ha! See, I can change...

http://d70fan.smugmug.com/