Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

the_zander Guest

Studio Image Display Software Recommendations

Hello, I recently purchased a Canon Digital Rebel (EOS300D) and an IBM ThinkPad T32 laptop. I would love to be able to take photos with my camera, and have them displayed immediately/automatically on the Laptop screen. Is this possible with simple/inexpensive consumer software? If so, what would you recommend?

Thanx
    -TheZander

Check out the Capture software that came with your camera and available fro Canon's web site.

Quote Originally Posted by the_zander
    Hello, I recently purchased a Canon Digital Rebel (EOS300D) and an IBM ThinkPad T32 laptop. I would love to be able to take photos with my camera, and have them displayed immediately/automatically on the Laptop screen. Is this possible with simple/inexpensive consumer software? If so, what would you recommend?

Thanx
    -TheZander
    what operating system are you using? i only ask because Winndos XP has a convenient feature that when new media is found (i.e. hooking up your camera to the USB, and turning it on) it gives you a list of options. one of those options is "view as a slide show".

once you start viewing, there is a speedy little control panel in the top right hand corner that scrolls down.

i think this would be the easiest way to view the photos (without editing them.)

hope that helps.