Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Sony H1 not having Zeiss name

Nothing much here. I just want to pass on what I have heard. Sony cameras ,which carry Zeiss name on them, actually have only 1 piece of Zeiss lens.

Sony incorperates one piece of Zeiss to the front element of the camera lens. For other pieces, they're not Zeiss.

Therefore, the quality would not be improved so much. The use of Zeiss lens is just a marketing strategy.

Regards,
    Charles
    Last edited by palmbook; 06-05-2005 at 04:56 PM. Reason: placed punctuation wrongly

Quote Originally Posted by palmbook
    Nothing much here. I just want to pass on what I have heard. Sony cameras ,which carry Zeiss name on, them actually have only 1 piece of Zeiss lens.

Sony incorperates one piece of Zeiss to the front element of the camera lens. For other pieces, they're not Zeiss.

Therefore, the quality would not be improved so much. The use of Zeiss lens is just a marketing strategy.

Regards,
    Charles
    It's a whole branding issue...so what if Sony saves some money when they don' thave to use the Zeiss name on the H1...A lot of people started to bash the H1 right away without knowing any facts...