Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Ixus or SD - Canon series

Hi,

I would like to know which series you would recomend for someone who would like to make videos of street basketball. I have quite a hard time choosing, partly because i really do not know what the difference is between these series.

Ps. Could someone tell me what make SD card is worth buying. I would like to get a 256mb one, if that makes any difference... Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Dachi
    Hi,

I would like to know which series you would recomend for someone who would like to make videos of street basketball. I have quite a hard time choosing, partly because i really do not know what the difference is between these series.

Ps. Could someone tell me what make SD card is worth buying. I would like to get a 256mb one, if that makes any difference... Thank you!
    The Ixus and SD series are the same for example, SD400 in USA is the Ixus 50 in England, just different names for different countries.

The video would be very good, as the SD cameras take very good video, but 256mb would not last very long if you filmed top quality.

There are many different SD cards available, if you are wanting to film with the high quality settings, it is best to use a high speed SD card, like the Sandisk Ultra 2 or the Extreme.

If your primary purpose is to make videos and not to take still pictures, then why not just buy a digital video camera instead?

Price and which one?

Well i find that digital video cameras are quite expensive, espicially since they can only be used as "video cameras." If i could find an inexpensive video camera, of the same quality as the ixus 40, i would buy it instead.

initially, i wanted to buy a mustek dv 4000...but ive heard that the quality is not quite good.

But i would love to get a few recomendations for video cameras
    Last edited by Dachi; 05-31-2005 at 02:46 AM.

DC or DV

The highest DC video quality now is 640480, 30FPS, with sound and no time limit(only depend on the memery card's content), not good as VCD.

If you are going to use the video for email or net share, DC is fit. If you want to keep and burn the video to DVD, a DV it fit. Oh, a SONY DVD cam is better.

Red face

Well i find that digital video cameras are quite expensive, espicially since they can only be used as "video cameras." If i could find an inexpensive video camera, of the same quality as the ixus 40, i would buy it instead.

initially, i wanted to buy a mustek dv 4000...but ive heard that the quality is not quite good.

But i would love to get a few recomendations for video cameras

hehe,the most inexpensive DV must be Sumsang, mustek DV4000 is not a really DV, just a toy!

On the other hand, some high resolution DV can also take good pictures, like SONY HC90, but it is very expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodog
    The highest DC video quality now is 640480, 30FPS, with sound and no time limit(only depend on the memery card's content), not good as VCD.

If you are going to use the video for email or net share, DC is fit. If you want to keep and burn the video to DVD, a DV it fit. Oh, a SONY DVD cam is better.
    This is why i thought buying a Ixus 40 instead was a good idea...hmmm can anyone tell me of a different camera which also has the 60fps option?

Lightbulb

This is why i thought buying a Ixus 40 instead was a good idea...hmmm can anyone tell me of a different camera which also has the 60fps option?
    As I know, there's no such camera.

In fact, the CCD of camera is quite different from the CCD of camcorder, and so does the encord engine.

I'm afraid that you will be despond. But the best way is to try the mathines in the shopfront and see the quality yourself, right?

The SD300 (not sure if that's the Inux 40) is limited to 60 seconds of 60fps at 320x240. Is that going to be enough for you?

-dave-

Unhappy wow...

only to 60 seconds? hmm...well that is not too bad actually. Ofcourse id like something with a bigger capacity, but that is not posible is it?

BTW does anyone know where i can see videos takken with the ixus 40?