Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

No flassh=Camera shaking

I am new to digital photography. When I try to take any pictures without flash in AUTO mode, my canon s70 says that camera is shaking. Also most of the pictures appear blurry.

Why does it happen. Sometimes I need to take close pictures of glossy items and don't want flash to reflect on them.

Any solutions for it?
    Last edited by lucky; 05-28-2005 at 02:12 AM.

I would guess from your description that you have a pretty long exposure. Your camera will probably say that you could have camera shake with any exposure longer than 1/60 second. You could either try upping the ISO, or for best results, use a tripod.
    Ray.
    Last edited by Ray Schnoor; 05-28-2005 at 05:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky
    I am new to digital photography. When I try to take any pictures without flash in AUTO mode, my canon s70 says that camera is shaking. Also most of the pictures appear blurry.

Why does it happen. Sometimes I need to take close pictures of glossy items and don't want flash to reflect on them.

Any solutions for it?
    The S70 is a powerful camera in that it gives you control. When you take shots without flash, you're obviously a lot more prone to introducing camera shake. I'd recommend going on aperture priority mode and going immediately to the largest aperture (smallest f-stop value). Also bump up the ISO. This *should* give you an acceptable shutter speed unless you're in pitch darkness. If I've been able to do it with a camera with no manual controls whatsoever at 1/15 s, I'm pretty certain that it can be done with the S70. Just hold a steady hand, press down the shutter button halfway before firing, all that stuff that prevents any shake.