Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 81 of 315 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast
    Dennis! That shot is amazing! Nice work.

Gintaras, I vote #1 also
    Last edited by toriaj; 08-29-2007 at 03:32 PM.
    Nikon D50, Nikkor 18-55mm, Nikkor 50mm 1.8, Sigma 70-300mm APO DG Macro, Tokina 12-24
    Flickr

Prospero, thanks, really appreciated your comment.

Agree, second shot is nice. I am still scratching my head how I was able to pull out this. I am using DSLR only for 3 months and still learning a lot.

As concerns the landscape, I am with you, first shot turned better exactly for the reason of slight under-exposure, though not as great as I wished it to be. Have to drive to this place and re-shoot probably, wait for another sunny day. Btw, my wife spotted this nice landscape view, not me.

On the first shot, the reflection, I understand what you say and here are couple of examples of reflections I would think are closer matching your concept for that. YET, the idea behind the first shot was slightly different. I wanted to capture the reflection in the way that you can see not only reflection itself but also deep in the water and also see stones in the water. Lighting condition was very hard because of strong sun reflection, so looks like a flip flop at the end.

I attach couple of examples of reflections I shoot about a month ago.

Then in the last picture here you can see what lighting conditions I was encountering for the shot in discussion. I was standing in trees shadow against strong sun reflection on the water.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Domenic, your first shot of landscape, was it taken in Auto mode or you twisted camera settings a bit. I really find it so well that it's hard to believe that was in Auto???

Quote Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

On the first shot, the reflection, I understand what you say and here are couple of examples of reflections I would think are closer matching your concept for that. YET, the idea behind the first shot was slightly different. I wanted to capture the reflection in the way that you can see not only reflection itself but also deep in the water and also see stones in the water. Lighting condition was very hard because of strong sun reflection, so looks like a flip flop at the end.

I attach couple of examples of reflections I shoot about a month ago.

Then in the last picture here you can see what lighting conditions I was encountering for the shot in discussion. I was standing in trees shadow against strong sun reflection on the water.
    Very nice shots Gintares. The reflections are great.

I didn't really notice the rocks underneath the water. If these would be a bit more clear it would also be better. Did try to use a polarizer on that shot? With a polarizer you can cut the reflection of the water a little.
    You can also enhance it a little in photoshop, a unsharp mask with strenght 20 and radius 60 may do the trick.

The lighting condition of the picture is indeed very difficult. It's hard to get a good shot in light like that.
    Nikon D-50
    // Nikkor 70-300 f/4-5.6 VR // Nikkor 50 mm f/1.8
    // Sigma 17-70 f/2.8-4.5 ...// Nikon SB-600
    // Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6......// Nikon Series E 135 mm f/2.8
    // Kiron 105 f/2.8 Macro....// Manfrotto 190XPROB + 488RC4
    // Nikkor 35 f/1.8..........// Sigma 500 mm f/8

My website: http://www.dennisdolkens.nl

Prospero, try to see through reflection and then you see the pond bed... i agree, this shot did not turn out as well as it was intended so no cries from me...will try pull out a better of a kind next time.

btw, i visited your HD tutorial, really GREAT... such a clever thing and laid down so easily. THX mate.

Here's one around Zion Canyon from trip in Feb.

Composite of 2 bracketed shots with efs10-22 @ 14mm, 1/20th @ f11 ISO100 & 1/4th @ f11 ISO100. Also, throw in a couple of curves layers, d&b, & USM.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Dennis

Canon 5D
    Canon 20D

Georgetown, KY Photographer
    Retouching

Quote Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post
    Prospero, try to see through reflection and then you see the pond bed... i agree, this shot did not turn out as well as it was intended so no cries from me...will try pull out a better of a kind next time.

btw, i visited your HD tutorial, really GREAT... such a clever thing and laid down so easily. THX mate.
    Yeah, I saw the rocks after you said they were there.

I'm glad you liked the HDR tutorial

Dennis, fantastic shot. The lighting and post processing is great.
    Nikon D-50
    // Nikkor 70-300 f/4-5.6 VR // Nikkor 50 mm f/1.8
    // Sigma 17-70 f/2.8-4.5 ...// Nikon SB-600
    // Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6......// Nikon Series E 135 mm f/2.8
    // Kiron 105 f/2.8 Macro....// Manfrotto 190XPROB + 488RC4
    // Nikkor 35 f/1.8..........// Sigma 500 mm f/8

My website: http://www.dennisdolkens.nl

Quote Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
    Dennis, fantastic shot. The lighting and post processing is great.
    Thanks Dennis, I'm glad you liked it.
    Dennis

Canon 5D
    Canon 20D

Retouching

Quote Originally Posted by D Thompson View Post
    Here's one around Zion Canyon from trip in Feb.

Composite of 2 bracketed shots with efs10-22 @ 14mm, 1/20th @ f11 ISO100 & 1/4th @ f11 ISO100. Also, throw in a couple of curves layers, d&b, & USM.
    I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by iamaelephant View Post
    I love it!
    Thank you very much!
    Dennis

Canon 5D
    Canon 20D

Retouching