Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 295 of 317 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295296297305 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 3170
    I spent the weekend at 20 Lakes Basin with a buddy of mine. We had an incredible sunset on Saturday and perfect reflections on Sunday. More to come from this trip

Swamp Thing by Lukas Wenger Photography, on Flickr
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

That's an "ooooh & Ahhhh" shot Lucas... and a framer.
    D7000, D70, CP990, CP900, FE.
    50mm f/1.8, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, Nikon 18-105 VR, Nikon 55-200 VR, Nikon 43-86 f/3.5 AiS, Vivitar 28-90 F/2.8-3.5 Macro, Vivitar 75-205 F/3.8-4.8, SB800.
    Ha! See, I can change...

http://d70fan.smugmug.com/

Thanks! More as promised...

Fin Fang Ka-boom! by Lukas Wenger Photography, on Flickr
    Lukas

I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

Lovely warm times Lucas.

Should be a nice sunset tonight. Good cloud formations.

Yes I am at work.

That one kind of fizzled in my area. Looked like it'd be good but I think the fog ate it up. Here's one from the following morning.

A Glow from Below by Lukas Wenger Photography, on Flickr
    Lukas

Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by TheWengler View Post
    That one kind of fizzled in my area. Looked like it'd be good but I think the fog ate it up. Here's one from the following morning.
    Great image as usual, Lukas. Just curious (and trying to learn): where did you take your meter reading from when taking that image? Thanks!

For landscapes I'm in manual mode most of the time. I don't worry about metering too much. I just need something to get me close. I throw a GND filter on there, set my aperture and focus point for my DOF, let the camera choose the SS for the first shot then adjust from there. With RAW files I just make sure I have a good histogram. Nothing clipped on either end. Then when I get home I can make some adjustments to balance out the exposure a bit more in PS. I realize people will tell you to meter off certain things and use certain modes, but I don't do that. I think that's more for people who are shooting from the hip as they go. Let me know if you have any more questions. I'm happy to answer them.
    Last edited by TheWengler; 07-02-2013 at 06:43 PM.
    Lukas

Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by TheWengler View Post
    For landscapes I'm in manual mode most of the time. I don't worry about metering too much. I just need something to get me close. I throw a GND filter on there, set my aperture and focus point for my DOF, let the camera choose the SS for the first shot then adjust from there. With RAW files I just make sure I have a good histogram. Nothing clipped on either end. Then when I get home I can make some adjustments to balance out the exposure a bit more in PS. I realize people will tell you to meter off certain things and use certain modes, but I don't do that. I think that's more for people who are shooting from the hip as they go. Let me know if you have any more questions. I'm happy to answer them.
    Thanks. This is one of those things that I always struggle with, and perhaps I over-think it. Of course, if you ask 10 different people you get 10 different answers, starting with whether you should use spot-metering, center-weighted, matrix (or evaluative), meter off this, meter off that...etc etc.
    I've always admired your landscape shots, so I figured I'd ask you directly lol

What you should do depends on your style. Do you use a tripod? Do you use GND filters?
    Lukas

Flickr