Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 273 of 319 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 3184
    Same winter road trip as the last post.

How do you do, hoodoo? by Lukas Wenger Photography, on Flickr
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

Yosemite Valley minus the icons

Mellow Merced by Lukas Wenger Photography, on Flickr
    Lukas

I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

That's refreshing (i.e. iconless). The Merced is well photographed but seldom mentioned. I have lived here for many decades and have still not been to Yosemite. I drove by the south entrance many times heading to "The Cabin" in Strawberry, but never swerved. Maybe it was the hundred other cars heading that way,,,
    D7000, D70, CP990, CP900, FE.
    50mm f/1.8, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, Nikon 18-105 VR, Nikon 55-200 VR, Nikon 43-86 f/3.5 AiS, Vivitar 28-90 F/2.8-3.5 Macro, Vivitar 75-205 F/3.8-4.8, SB800.
    Ha! See, I can change...

http://d70fan.smugmug.com/

Yeah, it's a zoo. Sometimes I wonder why I go. I almost always get more enjoyment out of going to other locations. I hope to try some backpacking there. Hopefully that will be better.
    Lukas

Flickr

Winter is a little less crazy in Yosemite, but you need to have chains and the water is a trickle in the rivers and falls.

Haha, it was pretty much the opposite of all those things though I'm sure it's typically true. 3 day weekend and fire falls crowds plus no snow. Bummer! It kind of sucked so all my shots are details. I'm hoping for a good storm. I haven't been in the valley for some fresh snow.
    Lukas

Flickr

Taken in Capitola last Saturday morning before heading off to Yosemite

Capitola Crossing by Lukas Wenger Photography, on Flickr
    Lukas

Flickr

Sweet, my family has a cabin in Strawberry too. Agree that no icons is good every now and then. For that reason Yosemite joins Bryce Canyon, Antelope Falls, and a few others as places I don't intend to visit.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWengler View Post
    Yeah, it's a zoo. Sometimes I wonder why I go. I almost always get more enjoyment out of going to other locations. I hope to try some backpacking there. Hopefully that will be better.
    Hmmm... if I even see another person I start thinking I'm in the wrong place when I'm out in the wild. Another photographer would blow my mind. The Bryce Canyon one and Merced River are good, especially the Merced River because it is good despite having no drama. The Bryce Canyon one is also good, and may be better than many you posted at the time (though I don't recall specifics of those).

It's silly to not go to see some of the most spectacular scenery in the world just because it's well known. Of course if your goal is solitude, it makes perfect sense. I like having both, but photography comes first for me. From a photography perspective I can see how it would be boring as it's way too easy to fall into the standard compositions and it's not enjoyable to have to be competitive for space. My approach is usually to go when it's too early, too cold or too far away from the car for most other people.
    Lukas

Flickr