Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 238 of 318 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 3179
    Raven, love the one with the lake. I like the 1st as well, but my preference would be for a brighter foreground. Sent you a PM a while back.

From this past weekend

Castle Lake Part II by Lukas W, on Flickr
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

Lukas,

Overall I like the scene and color, particularly the lines drawing me to the peak. I like how the ridge line behind the lake mimics that of the peak. But to me something is missing that I cannot put my finger on. I think it might be that my mind really wants the peak to be crisply detailed like the rock on the left. That level of detail on the edge of the frame is fighting the highlighting of the peak for my attention.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWengler View Post
    Raven, love the one with the lake. I like the 1st as well, but my preference would be for a brighter foreground. Sent you a PM a while back.

From this past weekend

Castle Lake Part II by Lukas W, on Flickr
    Lukas,
    I really like it.
    Just curious: what f-stop did you use for this exposure?
    Thanks, JRR

Quote Originally Posted by kgosden View Post
    Lukas,

Overall I like the scene and color, particularly the lines drawing me to the peak. I like how the ridge line behind the lake mimics that of the peak. But to me something is missing that I cannot put my finger on. I think it might be that my mind really wants the peak to be crisply detailed like the rock on the left. That level of detail on the edge of the frame is fighting the highlighting of the peak for my attention.
    Thanks for the feedback. I can see what you mean. I should have moved to the right and taken a few w/o the rock to be safe. I was so distracted by all the pretty colors I wasn't thinking clearly!

Quote Originally Posted by jr_rodriguez View Post
    Lukas,
    I really like it.
    Just curious: what f-stop did you use for this exposure?
    Thanks, JRR
    Thanks Jr. f/11 for this one. If you're interested I usually post exposure info and filters used (if I can remember) on Flickr.
    Lukas

I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

Lukas,

One thing bothers me about my own commentary relative to your mountain sunset. As I was reflecting on my impressions I realized that some of the composition and 'eye flow' impressions are based on viewing the image at the posted size on my display. This works out to be about 9"x5" filling about 1/4 of my display in the middle of a less than ideal framing. I sit about 2 feet away so it is a lot like viewing a 4x6 photo print. I think that this relatively small size compared to a larger print really changes how one approaches the image. If I blow it up to my full screen I find the rock less distracting at my normal viewing distance. I believe that this is due to the increased physical distance between the two focal points. Something to consider when I critique.

That's not something I ever really consider, but it's a good point. When I chose this spot I was planning on doing a pano. So the rocks on the left were intended to be a small percentage of the frame. It didn't quite workout that way though.
    Lukas

Flickr

TheWengler;
    Fabulous shot! love the colors.
    Falconest174
    Seeing the picture starts the process
    D7100, Sigma 150 f/2.8 Macro, Tamron 70-300 Macro, Sigma 17-70 F2.8 Macro,
    Tamron 70-300 Di VC USD 60Th Anniv. ,SB700, Vivitar 383, Manfrotto t-pod, monopod
    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/rmProvost

Good sky on that one. I am bad at being out for those conditions.

Replying to PM, I am not good at noticing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconest174 View Post
    TheWengler;
    Fabulous shot! love the colors.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by raven15 View Post
    Good sky on that one. I am bad at being out for those conditions.

Replying to PM, I am not good at noticing them.
    Yeah the new PM thing isn't as noticeable with the new format. Thanks
    Lukas

Flickr

Well I am not sure if these photos 'fit' in this thread but it happens to be the best place as far as I can tell... Went out to Jones Lake State park for a tramp and took the camera and captured a few pics these are a few I happened to like... Hope you enjoy. Comments and critiques welcome as I am still trying to learn!

Attachment 58232

Attachment 58233

Attachment 58234