Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 189 of 316 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199239289 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 3159
    The Wengler, nice as usual.
    Same for Eddy.
    DPR, that is very good, you're really getting the hang of this.

I got a new camera and I'm still struggling to understand it. It has too much dynamic range for this shot, which employs a polarizer and 2-stop GND to darken the sky. Which makes the foreground too light in comparison in my opinion. In general, I'm still learning a new PP procedure.

Plus, the face on the mountain, which I call "The Joker." It is only visible from a small area and only for about a month, most people don't know of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by raven15 View Post
    I got a new camera and I'm still struggling to understand it. It has too much dynamic range for this shot, which employs a polarizer and 2-stop GND to darken the sky. Which makes the foreground too light in comparison in my opinion. In general, I'm still learning a new PP procedure.

Plus, the face on the mountain, which I call "The Joker." It is only visible from a small area and only for about a month, most people don't know of it.
    1st shot - This one looks messed up to me. It SOOC? I'm not sure if it's because there are no true blacks or if it's the WB.

2nd shot - I haven't had much practice so I kind of suck at wildflower shots. My eye goes straight to the OOF flower in front, so make sure you can get everything in focus. I'd also choose a composition that doesn't have the flowers rising above the horizon. I like the layered aspect of the composition and the subject choice is promising.
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

Raven,

The first one does seem to have almost a 'haze' over the whole image. I agree with Lukas about the out of focus flowers on #2. Looks like a great area to hunt for just the right blooms in the right place. If the flowers near the middle were a little more dominant I think it would help the composition. The triangular wedge of shadow on the left points the eye right there looking for a subject, but the more prominent out of focus one grabs you away.

All right, I'll try again . I redid the original, it was a hazy day so there are no true blacks, but the haze was was made me like it better than on the preceding days.

Yup, I've got dozens of different flowers placed against the mountains in that location. I struggled enormously with depth of field. Basically my conclusions were I either need some larger flowers so I can back up more, or I need a tilt shift lens. Even at f/14, about as small as I want to go, I was having a real hard time getting things in focus.

None of these are quite coming out how I want!

And one more...

and two more in a different setting... plus a new take on an old location...

Raven,

Didn't mean to seem too critical. I have spent entire days in fields of flowers hopefully (but often hopelessly) trying to find the 'right' shot. That said I really like the lake shot and the one that follows. For some reason when I hit reply I can no longer see the last few images which really makes this difficult.

I, too have been hoping to spend all my money on an Olympus T&S lens if they ever release one. It is the one thing that really makes me want to switch to the Nikon or Canon side. I have wanted one since film days and now that I can almost find the money I cannot get the lens. Knowing the Olympus trend if Canon/Nikon T&S runs $2500 I will need to sell my car to get one.

By the way, I don't think you mentioned where and when these were shot. I assume recently if they are from the E620. But I did not think there would be a lot of mountain wildflowers this late.

Quote Originally Posted by raven15 View Post
    and two more in a different setting... plus a new take on an old location...
    The first one in this last set is a strong image. Love the reflective pond. Did you use a GND filter on that one.
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

I was out in LA for a day and a half about a week ago and had just enough time to make a drive into the San Gabriel mtns. Too bright and too hazy, but I did like the distant ridges and the way they layer into the distance.