Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising
 
 
 
   
Page 169 of 318 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179219269 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 3179
  1. #1681
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Brisbane, CA
    Posts
    3,591
    Here's one of the Capitola Pier this morning. It's a 4 minute exposure...
    Name:  20090312_Capitola_011.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  209.3 KB
    Lukas

    Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

    Flickr

  2. #1682
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    107
    Very cool Wengler! You've posted a couple of these that are really making me want to try some Bulb mode shots
    EOS 450D (XSi) | Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di II | 50mm f/1.8 II | 18-55mm IS f/3.5-5.6 | 55-250mm IS f/4-5.6 | Speedlight 430EX II

    Some of my pics...

  3. #1683
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Brisbane, CA
    Posts
    3,591
    Quote Originally Posted by devin View Post
    Very cool Wengler! You've posted a couple of these that are really making me want to try some Bulb mode shots
    Thanks Devin. If you do decide to give the longer exposures a try be sure to get your exposure right before the final shot. Nothing worse than standing around for 10 minutes in the cold only to botch the exposure. I do this by raising ISO all the way and shooting with the lens wide open. This way I can approximate a 4 minute, f/16, ISO 200 exposure with 1 second, f/4 ISO 3200...I think I did that math right... Anyway, it can save you some time since long exposures take double the shutter speed.
    Lukas

    Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

    Flickr

  4. #1684
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    207
    My barn shot....



    And I call this one "Jet"




    And, "The Creek"


  5. #1685
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hailey, ID
    Posts
    33
    Wengler,

    Really great shot! Great use of the long exposure, but let's face it a long exposure is just a gimmick if you don't also expose correctly, compose correctly, and find a good subject, all of which you did here.

    I've enjoyed doing some bulb exposures but have to say a big thank you for the exposure test technique, I'd never thought of just doing the math on it to make for a short test exposure, great idea!

    -- Bass

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWengler View Post
    Here's one of the Capitola Pier this morning. It's a 4 minute exposure...
    Name:  20090312_Capitola_011.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  209.3 KB
    ---
    Bass Sears
    Hailey, Idaho
    Pentax K10d (was Panasonic DMC FZ8)
    http://www.pictureofnectar.com

  6. #1686
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Brisbane, CA
    Posts
    3,591
    Quote Originally Posted by bass_sears View Post
    Wengler,

    Really great shot! Great use of the long exposure, but let's face it a long exposure is just a gimmick if you don't also expose correctly, compose correctly, and find a good subject, all of which you did here.

    I've enjoyed doing some bulb exposures but have to say a big thank you for the exposure test technique, I'd never thought of just doing the math on it to make for a short test exposure, great idea!

    -- Bass
    Thanks a lot Bass. It wasn't my idea, just passing it along.
    Lukas

    Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

    Flickr

  7. #1687
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWengler View Post
    Thanks Devin. If you do decide to give the longer exposures a try be sure to get your exposure right before the final shot. Nothing worse than standing around for 10 minutes in the cold only to botch the exposure. I do this by raising ISO all the way and shooting with the lens wide open. This way I can approximate a 4 minute, f/16, ISO 200 exposure with 1 second, f/4 ISO 3200...I think I did that math right... Anyway, it can save you some time since long exposures take double the shutter speed.
    Ahh very good point. It definitely would suck to sit there and blow the shot after waiting 6 minutes or more .
    EOS 450D (XSi) | Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di II | 50mm f/1.8 II | 18-55mm IS f/3.5-5.6 | 55-250mm IS f/4-5.6 | Speedlight 430EX II

    Some of my pics...

  8. #1688
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    So Calif
    Posts
    3,226
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWengler View Post
    ...I do this by raising ISO all the way and shooting with the lens wide open. This way I can approximate a 4 minute, f/16, ISO 200 exposure with 1 second, f/4 ISO 3200...I think I did that math right... Anyway, it can save you some time since long exposures take double the shutter speed.
    At first I thought it was a cemetery of tombstones:-)

    Luckily there is no reciprocity failure with digital as there is/was with film. With film, you have to add even more exposure time than just the straight math result for long exposures.
    Pentax K20D/K5/15/21/40/70/10-17/12-24, Sigma 17-70 2.8-4.5/150-500, Tamron 90 Macro/70-200 2.8, Canon SX20 IS/Elph 500HS
    (formerly Pentax 50 1.4/50-200/55-300/K100D, Sigma 18-50 2.8/70-300 APO, Tamron 28-75, Viv 800, Tele-Tokina 800, Canon S3 IS, Samsung L210)
    http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q78/KylePix/

  9. #1689
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    207
    Nekked girls standing on the pier at daybreak....

















  10. #1690
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    207
    HELL-O.....anybody here?????

    I tried a lil' different stuff today. I caught this old barn by me, down by the beach. Instead of the usual "snap shot" frame with the whole she-bang in it, I tried for some angles as I thought it would give it a different feel as well as highlight the old timber and faded paint....what do you guys think?








Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •