Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 156 of 317 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206256 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 3170
    I concur that is good one jeisner.

Thanks prospero. That's what happened, in the future I'll do the "convert" thing. I want to print a few of my recent shots, I can only imagine what that will take!

EDIT: Whoops!!! I was gonna put this in the dunes thread. I"ll change the pictures, so as not to double post.

Trees near Lake Tahoe, a B&W conversion of something I just put in the tree thread.

Prospero, I did this sand dune by the method you suggested and the colors came out exactly the same. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by raven15; 01-15-2009 at 09:29 PM.

A few more, sorry, can't stop posting these things. Landscapes taken with my 40-150 mm lens.

Olympic National Park as seen from Hood Canal, 58mm/"116mm"

Death Valley, 40mm/"80mm."
    Attached Images Attached Images   

love the first one raven (sand dune one), texture in the sand and perspective is very nice..
    ------
    Joel - Canon 50d, EF16-35/2.8 Mk1, Σ 50/1.4, EF100/2.8 Macro, EF70-200/4 IS, 430EX II
    http://www.eisner.id.au

I agree that sand dune is an excellent shot Raven.
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

Wow, even this thread moves on after a week or two!

Geoff, Red bush & gnarly tree looks good, I like the colour, composition & the twisted lines of the tree!
    Lukas, I absolutely love shot#1 from Arcata Marsh, the blue-tone is stunning! #3&5 from Davenport work well too. The sea-grass shots are also very interesting, its good to have an interesting element in the foreground of your slow shutter water shots.
    Thombo, the ice-covered trees captured my eye & attention, the image is not common in Sydney.
    Eddie, beautiful sunsets as always, & I also liked the surf & shell shot too!
    Prospero, there is a beautiful quality of light & I like the way the shadows emphasise certain features in your landscapes, both from the French Alps & Glencoe, Scotland, absolutely gorgeous!
    jeisner, that's a great sunset, love the light through the chair!
    raven15, I love both the dune shot & Olympic National Park (I'm a bit of a sucker for boats/water/landscapes )

Quote Originally Posted by toriaj View Post
    Gorgeous shot Benjamin, can't wait to see the rest!
    Quote Originally Posted by LBGChris View Post
    Cool shot!
    I also like your recent post in the bird thread. Well done mate
    Thanks Tori & Chris, I really appreciate your encouragement, every little bit helps!

Quote Originally Posted by TheWengler View Post
    Where are those other shots? Beautiful water. Looks like you lost some of the highlights though.
    Been busy at work and living through some major repairs & renovations at home... (been without a functioning bathroom for over a week...)
    Finally have an afternoon to spend some time on our mutual passion.
    Thanks for your comments, the only pp'g applied to the earlier shot, in PictureProject, was low d-lighting & "enhance dark tones" in brightness. (Still have a lot to learn about post-processing, although I'll invest in CNX2 soon )

So here are a few more shots from Bondi/Ben Buckler Park:

People in a dramatic rock-scape:
    Name:  DSC_05720360.JPG
Views: 88
Size:  379.3 KB

Bondi Beach from Ben Buckler Park/Point:
    Name:  DSC_06810387.JPG
Views: 85
Size:  313.6 KB

Wash in the groove:
    Name:  DSC_06980394.JPG
Views: 81
Size:  338.2 KB

cheers,

Benjamin

Nice Benjamin. You have to get down there right after (or before) sunset with a tripod.
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

More from our trip to Maine in Aug 2008.

Colorado. Near Vail.

Nikon D90 / Sigma 24-70 f/2.8/ Sigma 50 f/1.4/ Nikon SB-600
    http://www.christoffcreative.com

Quote Originally Posted by raven15 View Post
    EDIT: Whoops!!! I was gonna put this in the dunes thread. I"ll change the pictures, so as not to double post.

Trees near Lake Tahoe, a B&W conversion of something I just put in the tree thread.

Prospero, I did this sand dune by the method you suggested and the colors came out exactly the same. Thanks!
    Raven, I really like the sand dune shot. The composition is excellent. You made good use of the pattern in the sand.
    I think you used a polarizer in this shot? If you did, I think the shot may have been better if you hadn't used one. The colour of the sky in the picture is not uniform which often happens if you use a polarizer on a wide angle lens. This is because a polarizer works best at a certain angle with respect to sun, and therefore it polarizes more severly in some parts of the image than in other parts. I think in this case the unequal polarization of the sky is a bit distracting.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin2007 View Post
    Wow, even this thread moves on after a week or two!

Geoff, Red bush & gnarly tree looks good, I like the colour, composition & the twisted lines of the tree!
    Lukas, I absolutely love shot#1 from Arcata Marsh, the blue-tone is stunning! #3&5 from Davenport work well too. The sea-grass shots are also very interesting, its good to have an interesting element in the foreground of your slow shutter water shots.
    Thombo, the ice-covered trees captured my eye & attention, the image is not common in Sydney.
    Eddie, beautiful sunsets as always, & I also liked the surf & shell shot too!
    Prospero, there is a beautiful quality of light & I like the way the shadows emphasise certain features in your landscapes, both from the French Alps & Glencoe, Scotland, absolutely gorgeous!
    jeisner, that's a great sunset, love the light through the chair!
    raven15, I love both the dune shot & Olympic National Park (I'm a bit of a sucker for boats/water/landscapes )

Thanks Tori & Chris, I really appreciate your encouragement, every little bit helps!

Been busy at work and living through some major repairs & renovations at home... (been without a functioning bathroom for over a week...)
    Finally have an afternoon to spend some time on our mutual passion.
    Thanks for your comments, the only pp'g applied to the earlier shot, in PictureProject, was low d-lighting & "enhance dark tones" in brightness. (Still have a lot to learn about post-processing, although I'll invest in CNX2 soon )
    Thanks Benjamin.
    Nice pictures. Investing in CNX2 is well worth the money. It allows you to make great adjustments to your images very easily using control points and selective adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by 06AWD View Post
    More from our trip to Maine in Aug 2008.

Colorado. Near Vail.
    Nice pictures 06AWD. I really like the first and last picture.

Here are some more pictures from France:

Name:  web_DSC3023.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  286.7 KB

One of the days when we were there, the sight was really bad. It made skiing a bit more challanging

Name:  web_DSC3050.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  228.4 KB

Took this one in the afternoon. Only the top of the mountains was still lit by the sun:

Name:  web_DSC3053.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  296.2 KB

Another B&W:

Name:  web_DSC3059bw.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  260.1 KB
    Nikon D-50
    // Nikkor 70-300 f/4-5.6 VR // Nikkor 50 mm f/1.8
    // Sigma 17-70 f/2.8-4.5 ...// Nikon SB-600
    // Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6......// Nikon Series E 135 mm f/2.8
    // Kiron 105 f/2.8 Macro....// Manfrotto 190XPROB + 488RC4
    // Nikkor 35 f/1.8..........// Sigma 500 mm f/8

My website: http://www.dennisdolkens.nl

My favorite is the last one there Dennis. The contrast between the mountain and the sky works well.
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr