Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 149 of 318 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 3179
    Quote Originally Posted by K1W1 View Post
    The Hay Plains, central NSW, Australia

It's hard to tell if you are coming or going in that pic'.

I think you will find this link interesting.
    http://www.tailofthedragon.com/
    this is about 1 to 2 hours from where I live. I've only been there once.

If your ever in the area we can go ride it.
    Nikon D600, Nikon D80, AF-S Nikkor VR 18-55mm F/3.5-5.6G DX, AF-S Nikkor VR 55-200mm F/4-5.6G ED DX, AF Nikkor 50mm 1.8D,
    AF-S Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.55.6 G ED VR DX, AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G ED VR, AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 G ED VR, AF Micro Nikkor 105mm f/2.8 D, Sigma 150-500mm f/5-6.3 APO DG OS, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM, Quantaray AF LD 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Tele-Macro(1:2) , Nikon SB 800, SB 600, Expodisc

Thunder Mountain Trail near Bryce Canyon Utah

Observation Point @ Zion National Park Utah

Thanks guys

I'm on the mend, but it still waging a pretty good battle...

A couple more from today.

Love those misty trees K1W1. Only thing that spoils it for me is the increasing lean to the left as the eye travels to the left of the shot. I presume that is just how the trees were but it just makes it look a bit odd to me. I wondered if it would look cool if you actually tried to accentuate it but symetrically in PP. Sort of try to make the trees fan out from the bottom as if it was a very low level wide angle shot - just an odd thought.
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

That first one is very cool K1W1. The dark burned tree (??) in the foreground is somewhat distracting though.
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

I dunno, I like it in spite of both those reasons. Wish I had some mist to play around with, I don't think I've seen shred in the 10 months I've had my camera.

Eddie, at least you are stuck in a scenic location.

Thanks for the comments about the trees.
    For a little background the area is about 600m from where I live and this is statistically the most bush fire prone area in the world. The effect I was trying to get was what things look like after a fire with the burnt out trees and the grey misty smoke (it is actually mist in the photo). FWIW if you look at the ground you will see evidence that the whole area was burnt out in February this year in a controlled burn to reduce fuel for the fire season we are now in.

The contrast is the stream shot in a rain forest area maybe 2 km away in a straight line. It shows the difference that south facing (stream) vs north facing (trees) makes to the environment.

Quote Originally Posted by K1W1 View Post
    Thanks for the comments about the trees.
    For a little background the area is about 600m from where I live and this is statistically the most bush fire prone area in the world. The effect I was trying to get was what things look like after a fire with the burnt out trees and the grey misty smoke (it is actually mist in the photo). FWIW if you look at the ground you will see evidence that the whole area was burnt out in February this year in a controlled burn to reduce fuel for the fire season we are now in.

The contrast is the stream shot in a rain forest area maybe 2 km away in a straight line. It shows the difference that south facing (stream) vs north facing (trees) makes to the environment.
    What country are you from if I may ask? You have some nice locations, those two pictures are great! I prefer the last shot, however there's just a little bit blown out in the center of the leafs..

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Roberts View Post
    Testing my new lens at 85mm wide open.
    Loads of excellent shots here!!

DPR - I am really interested to see/har what you think of the Nikon 16-85 - I am considering one in place of my Sigma 17 - 70 - though I am not sure how much I would gain or loose...

cheers

Geoff c
    Geoff Chandler. UK/England/Surrey
    NIKON D90 / D80. Nikon 16 - 85 VR, Tamron 28-200,
    Sigma 70-300APO, Tokina 100 AT-X Pro D.
    SB600 flash. Panasonic DMC-TZ25

http://geof777.multiply.com