Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 4 of 319 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    I see a little vignetting in that left corner there George ... ... the only time I experienced it with my Sigma was using it at 18mm with the CP filter attached but easily fixable though.

Canon EOS 30D | Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 | Canon 17-40mm f/4L | Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS| Canon 70-200mm f/4L | Canon Speedlite 430EX + Sto-Fen Omni Bounce | Manfrotto 3001BD & 680B/486RC2 | Hoya Super HMC Pro1 Digital Filters | Hitech ND & GND Filters | Bags > Kata R-103 + Lowepro Nova 5 AW

RawShooter | premium 2006 > My PBase Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog
    I see a little vignetting in that left corner there George ... ... the only time I experienced it with my Sigma was using it at 18mm with the CP filter attached but easily fixable though.
    Yup. It is a problem sometimes. Just didn't have time to fix some of them. One of these days...
    D7000, D70, CP990, CP900, FE.
    50mm f/1.8, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, Nikon 18-105 VR, Nikon 55-200 VR, Nikon 43-86 f/3.5 AiS, Vivitar 28-90 F/2.8-3.5 Macro, Vivitar 75-205 F/3.8-4.8, SB800.
    Ha! See, I can change...

http://d70fan.smugmug.com/

couple of panorama shots i did on july 4th while waiting for nighttime fireworks ..

great panoramics ekk..... worthy of a separate thread in fact....
    btw, which software did you use to "stitch" them up?
    panasonic lumix fz-20
    nikon d200 + nikkor 28-70 f/2.8 "beast" + sigma 18-200 f/3.5-6/3 + nikkor 50 f/1.8

Quote Originally Posted by meillana
    great panoramics ekk..... worthy of a separate thread in fact....
    btw, which software did you use to "stitch" them up?
    thanks .. i use arcsoft panorama maker .. it did a nice job of fixing the exposure differences between each shot .. much better than the photostitch that comes with canon software.

sweet pano's ekk!

I intend to add some when I get back from Hawaii next month.
    US Navy--Hooyah!

Nikon D700/D300|17-35 f/2.8, 24-70 f/2.8, Sigmalux, 80-200 f/2.8, 16 f/2.8 fisheye,

Lots of flashes and Honl gear.

From today, this is Mt. Hood overlooking Roslyn Lake.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    -Dave
    Canon 40D | Canon XTi | 70-200mm f/4L IS | 50mm f/1.4 USM | 100mm f/2.8 Macro | Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8

Hello to all... I have a question about the panoramic photos.

First of all, I'm expecting my S2 from Dell the end of the month. (Ship date of 7/25, like so many others on here.)

I've got an opportunity to participate in a "campout" inside Busch Stadium in St. Louis. Will get to be on the field all night. I would like to take some photos of the inside of the stadium, all the way around, and make myself a miniature version of the stadium, sort of a shrine, since the original will be demolished after this season. Any suggestions on how best I can "recreate" the inside of Busch Stadium with my S2? Can you "stitch" more than two pictures together to make a panoramic?

Thanks for any help or advice.
    Sandi

Quote Originally Posted by Idnas71
    Hello to all... I have a question about the panoramic photos.

First of all, I'm expecting my S2 from Dell the end of the month. (Ship date of 7/25, like so many others on here.)

I've got an opportunity to participate in a "campout" inside Busch Stadium in St. Louis. Will get to be on the field all night. I would like to take some photos of the inside of the stadium, all the way around, and make myself a miniature version of the stadium, sort of a shrine, since the original will be demolished after this season. Any suggestions on how best I can "recreate" the inside of Busch Stadium with my S2? Can you "stitch" more than two pictures together to make a panoramic?

Thanks for any help or advice.
    Sandi

you can definitely take more than 2 pics to create a panoramic. as for a limit, there's not one that i know of (i could be wrong) .. but as for the Busch stadium, you could take as many pics as necessary to capture the whole stadium horizontally. then move the camera down a bit and do another row of horizontally. do as many rows and columns as necessary to capture the whole stadium. afterwards in a panoramic program, you can stitch it all together.

tripod would be ideal to keep the camera in same position but you can get away without one (you definitely need a tripod if its nightime though). the two picture i did above were without tripod. just keep your leg still and move your body to take the pictures.

just keep shooting until your memory card is full

IDnas71 -

Wow What a cool thing to do! Yes! you can stich more than 2 photos together to create a panorama. There are also free image editors out there, one I tried was 360 panorama I think... do a google search on it, what it essentially lets you do is create a quicktime image that is a 360 degree panorama, it allows you to stitch together all the frames it would take to photography busch stadium with plenty of overlap between frames... then when you export it you have an image you can open in quick time and with your mouse drag around and change your view... pretty much just like a 360 view of a car online is... do use a tripod to ensure smooth image transitions.

I might add a suggestion to shoot the stadium in portrait mode and stich those portrait photos together so you don't have to do multiple pass landscape wise.
    Nikon D90 | Sigma 10-20 HSM | DX 18-105 f3.5-5.6 VR | DX 55-200 VR | 35 f/2.0 D | 50 f/1.4 D | 85mm F/1.8 D | SB-800 x 3 | SU-800
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Flickr | Twitter