Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 255 of 317 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265305 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 3167
    It was an attempt to recreate and possibly improve an old shot from about a mile away, but the mile didn't seem to help. I don't know about the butterfly, I'd call it some kind of docile butterfly.

Agree KG. The effect probably looked better in person. Add a little light to the forground(?). The flutterby looks great!
    D7000, D70, CP990, CP900, FE.
    50mm f/1.8, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, Nikon 18-105 VR, Nikon 55-200 VR, Nikon 43-86 f/3.5 AiS, Vivitar 28-90 F/2.8-3.5 Macro, Vivitar 75-205 F/3.8-4.8, SB800.
    Ha! See, I can change...

http://d70fan.smugmug.com/

Quote Originally Posted by kgosden View Post
    Raven,

I really like the composition and point of view in the butterfly (fritillary of some type?) The flowers and mountain are nice in concept, but don't work as well. I think it is the bright lighting on the out of focus distant hills drawing the eye away from the foreground.
    I agree Ken. The effect probably looked better in person. Still a nice perspective, but add a little light to the forground(?). The flutterby looks great! I like the thought behind the camera.
    D7000, D70, CP990, CP900, FE.
    50mm f/1.8, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, Nikon 18-105 VR, Nikon 55-200 VR, Nikon 43-86 f/3.5 AiS, Vivitar 28-90 F/2.8-3.5 Macro, Vivitar 75-205 F/3.8-4.8, SB800.
    Ha! See, I can change...

http://d70fan.smugmug.com/

Ha ha ok thanks. Here are more attempts at those two, with the mountain/flower being completely new shots.

Name:  aP1010354-s.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  317.1 KB

Name:  P1010551as.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  274.7 KB

Name:  P1010555as.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  315.4 KB

Raven,

I like the balance and composition on the top flower shot. Still cries out for a tilt/shift lens to get the plane of focus farther into the background; classic use for the view camera adjustments of that lens. To be a little pickier this would be one of those shots where I would be at home thinking I should have given the viewfinder more thought and done a tiny bit of pruning. That one stray lupine in the front center and the large leaf just to the right, both block two yellow daisies that really help to balance the light on the mountain.

Raven,

I like the balance and composition on the top flower shot. Still cries out for a tilt/shift lens to get the plane of focus farther into the background; classic use for the view camera adjustments of that lens. To be a little pickier this would be one of those shots where I would be at home thinking I should have given the viewfinder more thought and done a tiny bit of pruning. That one stray lupine in the front center and the large leaf just to the right, both block two yellow daisies that really help to balance the light on the mountain.
    Good thought, though it will have to wait to next year now, the flowers were never that great and are starting to dry up already. I wouldn't call the shiny thing on the back of an E-PM1 a viewfinder though. Pretty much impossible to see outside, you mostly just have to guess where, exactly, you are aiming.

It is supprising what you miss taking photos; I try and do a bit of "gardening" now when taking nature photos but when I get home I find all sorts of things I missed!
    I do not notice them in the viewfinder or screen but when I put them on the monitor they show up. Today I took some photos of a cinnabar moth on a flower and pulled all the loose grass up that was in the way and when I got home and put them on the PC I found loads of small black bugs all over the flower.

Anthony,

I know that bug on the petal feeling. You get busy composing some macro shot and don't notice the ants crawling up the outside,etc. If it is one or two they can be cloned out. When I was looking at some photos from my Alaska trip last year I thought I had big dust bunnies on my sensor. Then I noticed that the blurry blobs were in slightly different areas in consecutive frames. I realized they were all the mosquitoes between me and the subject

I realized they were all the mosquitoes between me and the subject
    That made me smile.

Raven,

I finally got myself a tilt shift lens. Now I need to figure out how this thing works
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr