Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 252 of 319 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262302 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 3184
    Lukas,

I really like the Port shot of the container cranes. They seem a little soft on my screen and I would like those towards the rear to pop out a bit more. I think that brightening the rear ones a bit would make the repeating, receding pattern pull the viewer into the frame which would counter the effect of the booms all pointing skyward and to the right.

I am too lazy to do my Google Maps street detective work to find your tripod location for the first one. I do like shots with the Manderin Oriental tower since my wife and I stayed there in 1993 on our honeymoon. Well, after I typed that first sentence a few minutes ago I challenged myself. It looks like you are on Montgomery St at the top of the stairs between Green and Montague Pl?

Quote Originally Posted by kgosden View Post
    Lukas,

I really like the Port shot of the container cranes. They seem a little soft on my screen and I would like those towards the rear to pop out a bit more. I think that brightening the rear ones a bit would make the repeating, receding pattern pull the viewer into the frame which would counter the effect of the booms all pointing skyward and to the right.

I am too lazy to do my Google Maps street detective work to find your tripod location for the first one. I do like shots with the Manderin Oriental tower since my wife and I stayed there in 1993 on our honeymoon. Well, after I typed that first sentence a few minutes ago I challenged myself. It looks like you are on Montgomery St at the top of the stairs between Green and Montague Pl?
    I didn't sharpen the Port of Oakland one after resizing so that could be the reason for softness. I'll see if I can create a bit more separation there as well. Thanks for the tip. You're right on with your Google Map detective work! I've been wanting to try shooting from the top of the Mandarin Oriental. I hear the view is spectacular, but I'm worried I'll just get kicked out for not being a guest.
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

Hey Kg and I agree this time
    I do like the bridges too though. I bet they look pretty spectacular blown up.
    You must have a pretty understanding wife Lukas with all these outdoor shots it's a wonder you are ever at home.
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

Lukas,

I doubt you can even get into the Manderin unless you are a guest since the hotel itself is only on the top floors of the building and I seem to recall the elevator requires key card access. 1993 was in my predigital days. In fact, I think it was probably during my photography low point; my Canon AE-1 was nearing death after a fall that bent the take-up sprocket shaft. If I recall correctly our room was facing away from the TransAmerica tower and had a neighboring office building blocking a chunk of the bay view. I will have to dig through my negatives to see if I can find a few from the room or the bridge hallway between the two room towers.

Thanks Phill, the wife is very understanding and even gets up with me for sunrise most of the time.

kgosden, I was going by this blog I found (#5). I tend to be a rule follower so it's a stretch for me.

http://thomashawk.com/2008/02/top-10...hy-in-san.html
    Lukas

I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by TheWengler View Post
    Thanks guys. Photography is subjective and I'm always interested to hear honest opinions.

A few from in and around San Francisco. No wide angle shots in this group. Quite a change for me.
    I vote 1 and 4.

The 1 stop GND is specifically to balance reflections, something that never seems right with either a 2 stop GND or nothing. Too late now, I ordered the whole setup .

Thanks Phill, the wife is very understanding and even gets up with me for sunrise most of the time.
    Wow now I'm seriously impressed.

A few more old ones, Germany this time.

I posted a similar version of this one a long time ago, but I like this wider perspective better now I think.
    Name:  s2010P9301908.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  212.4 KB

Probably nothing special, but I have never had much chance to see fall colors before.
    Name:  s2010PA042335.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  735.6 KB

Strange to see autumn colours now but a nice shot all the same raven.
    I would prefer the other one with the rhs river and some foreground field cropped. I guess that was probably what you posted before.

Raven, the atmosphere in the first one is fantastic

One from last October

Lundy Canyon by Lukas Wenger Photography, on Flickr

One from a week ago

Gray Whale Cove SB by Lukas Wenger Photography, on Flickr
    Lukas

Flickr