Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 249 of 319 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259299 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 3181
    That ice make for a dramatic foreground. Very nicely done Lukas.
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

Of the recent, I prefer the first frozen lake shot and the most recent sand dunes, #2 of 4. The sand dunes really show the advantage of your sensor. Mine has often struggled with sand dunes in those lighting situations, for some reason the ripples and color really confuse the noise reduction system. And jpg resizing to 800 pixels wide for some reason makes this even more obvious.

Thanks guys!

Shark Fin Cove by Lukas Wenger Photography, on Flickr
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

Nice smooth reflection there.

Two from my latest escapade. Tragically I decided the sunset was going to flop (like the previous 10 I chased) and started driving away. I believe I am getting filters, the 2 stop screw on hard edge doesn't always cut it. Edit: Improved version of sunset (with said screw on filter), and where I could hypothetically have been at that time.
    Name:  P1288050s.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  333.1 KB

Name:  P1288063s.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  148.6 KB

Name:  P1288066s.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  123.3 KB
    Last edited by raven15; 01-30-2012 at 11:29 PM.

Raven,

I like the first one quite a bit. I would consider a little post processing to up the contrast in the sky to add a little drama. Maybe a little dodging on the snowy road to brighten it 1/2 EV or so making it stand out as a more prominent leading line into the frame?

Hmmm maybe. I think the best solution would have been to wait around for about 30 minutes.

Ah, you're finally coming to your senses. Screw on GND filters suck!

Davenport Beach by Lukas Wenger Photography, on Flickr
    Lukas

I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

[QUOTE=TheWengler;439388]Ah, you're finally coming to your senses. Screw on GND filters suck!
    Nice leading lines and colors there. My sunset was more dramatic through .

I was thinking 3 stop reverse, 2 stop hard, 1 stop hard, 2 stop soft, Hitech brand, Cokin P mount (because there are no reverse filters for A mount, the only smaller size made). Sound about right?

Yeah I wouldn't mind that sunset. I've shot this feature 4 times and this was my best sunset. I'm still holding out for something epic though.
    Lukas

Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by speaklightly View Post
    Juan-

Thanks for starting this thread. It should be interesting. Thanks also to Geoff, AlkaPhunk, and yourself for the nice landscapes already posted. Here is mine. This is a much photographed part of the Oregon coast near where the Pistol River enters the Pacific. It was taken with the Pentax 1stDS Kit Lens at 18mm, ISO 200, shutter 1/750th. BTW, I apologize for the false start on this post.

Sarah Joyce
    The view is perfect as a subject! Natural lighting I love it! A bigger image would be great..