Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 243 of 317 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253293 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 3167
    Beautiful Lukas, really nice reflection. You certainly get out to some lovely places.
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

Quote Originally Posted by TheWengler View Post
    pictures
    Both decent. Two thoughts: would prefer more reflection in the first, and the second lacks your normal sky drama, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill D View Post
    Beautiful Lukas, really nice reflection. You certainly get out to some lovely places.
    Thanks! We try to take 6-8 weekend trips out of town per year.

Quote Originally Posted by raven15 View Post
    Both decent. Two thoughts: would prefer more reflection in the first, and the second lacks your normal sky drama, not that there's anything wrong with that.
    I agree with both observations. Though not much I can do about it. I have a feeling I'll be returning to that beaver pond ever year until I get something eye popping. The tree reflection shot is tough since that grass you see is out in the middle of the pond. I did have to crop off some reflection in front of the grass due to my lack of telephoto DOF management.
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

A few miles from Hoover Dam.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Poltergeist; 11-06-2011 at 09:11 PM. Reason: double posting of picture
    Canon T1i
    Tamron 18-270mm Di II
    Canon EF-S 10-22mm
    Speedlite 430EX II

GoPro Motorsports

The exposure on this one was a pain and I didn't really do a great job with it. I tried to even it out in LR3 but it could probably use some more work.

McWay Falls by Lukas W, on Flickr
    Lukas

I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

Very dramatic Lukas but I'm not a fan of that shot I'm afraid. I prefer your more natural shots.
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

Quote Originally Posted by Phill D View Post
    Very dramatic Lukas but I'm not a fan of that shot I'm afraid. I prefer your more natural shots.
    Thanks for the feedback. Do you mind saying what you find unnatural about it?
    Lukas

Flickr

I have to agree with Phill. The foreground and water are too bright, the background hills are too dark, and the sky fades unnaturally. Also the CMY colors are over-saturated in a jarring way (probably from toying with exposure).

Yeah, I must agree that it looks kind of fakey - like it's been played with Photomatix Pro or other HDR software, but personally I really like it.

Thanks guys. I agree that something wasn't quite right with this one. I'll give it another look.
    Lukas

Flickr