Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 242 of 318 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244252292 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 3179
    Nice shots Raven. #1 for me as well. The second one seems to have something weird going on in the sky. Are these blended exposures? Where were these taken?

Another from Mono Lake

Mono Lake by Lukas W, on Flickr
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

I wonder if that weirdness in the clouds in the 2nd shot of Ravens was some "cloud iridescence"? (If you don't know what "cloud iridescence" is then I suggest Google - Images - you'll find some amazing items).

Quote Originally Posted by kgosden View Post
    The way the road leads right into the glow on the tree helps with the flow in the image.
    Quote Originally Posted by danwiz View Post
    When I saved the image and then opened it in Photoshop, cropped some of the road off - it was then that I wanted to see more of the tree and more clouds.
    Road?!?!? Don't you know a river when you see one?!?
    This was taken at the widest angle of that lens, 22mm eq., so I have no wider shots from the same perspective. I guess I might have aimed up...Makes me think I need to head back to the 9-18, at least for landscape. I seem to get quite a few "should be wider" comments with the 11-22.

Sky... I did lighten the foreground in the second, not too subtly, which probably explains the abrupt lightness of the sky near the trees. For the rest, I'm not sure what looks unnatural. There was some processing, but this is a single exposure. Location: the usual Ruby Mountains (same as every mountain shot from me in the past 11 months).
    Last edited by raven15; 11-01-2011 at 08:44 PM.

Great colors on this Mono Lake shot, with the leading clouds and colors I prefer it to the first.

Thanks Raven!

Regarding your shot. On the second one the blue sky abruptly ends into a bright cloud while the cloud further up in the frame isn't nearly as bright. There also seems to be a bit of a halo around the tree.

Sorry, you never say where your shots are taken so I just assume they're different places. Ruby Mountains seems like a great spot. Unfortunately my list of places to see just keeps getting longer.
    Lukas

I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

Here is the original except for an exposure adjustment of +0.7 EV. The bright cloud and halo (actually another cloud) are both still there. I might detect some faint iridescence in this and the previous shots. My guess is the rest of the clouds are in shadows though, I was hoping for them all to turn bright like that but by a twist of fate it didn't get any better.

Ruby Mountains: Not shabby, not the most spectacular mountain range in creation either. Their selling point to me is that they are relatively deserted. You could spend a year or a day around them and always see something new, like most places in the world.

Hmmm maybe I should start posting the locations.

Name:  PA160267.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  407.7 KB

I see now. I'd burn down that cloud some.

From a trip to Lundy Canyon a couple weeks ago.

Lundy by Lukas W, on Flickr
    Lukas

Flickr

Lukas,

Great color in that Lundy Canyon shot.

Raven,

Out in the east we like to put water in our rivers.
    Last edited by kgosden; 11-02-2011 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kgosden View Post
    Great color in that Lundy Canton shot.
    Thank you!
    Lukas

Flickr

Lundy by Lukas W, on Flickr
    Lukas

Flickr