Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 214 of 318 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264314 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 3179
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWengler View Post
    There you go. Nice shots. Maybe a bit underexposed, especially the 2nd one.

If you want to insert the photos into the text then you can click the down arrow next to the paper clip (after you've uploaded the photos).
    Thanks. I do see the underexposure now that you mention it. I am still learning about all the technical details, exposure, etc. and how to mess with them after the fact to make them look better. Is that something that can be improved through a photo shop program? The pictures I posted are straight out of the camera, no cropping etc. I have so much to learn!

Quote Originally Posted by MaggieMae View Post
    Thanks. I do see the underexposure now that you mention it. I am still learning about all the technical details, exposure, etc. and how to mess with them after the fact to make them look better. Is that something that can be improved through a photo shop program? The pictures I posted are straight out of the camera, no cropping etc. I have so much to learn!
    What kind of camera are you using? If you can shoot RAW instead of JPEG then that would be a start. With a RAW file it's easier to make adjustments when you get back to your computer (assuming you have a program with a RAW editor). You want to try to get the exposure as close as possible in camera though. If you brighten up the image in Photoshop it's going to introduce some extra noise that you might not want.

Last week at Pescadero State Beach
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

I have a Kodak Easy Share Z710. I am hoping to purchase my first DSLR sometime next year. Right now I am reading some books to learn more on basic photography, and then researching more on what kind of camera and lenses will suit me best.

Hey Maggie--

What books are you reading? The book usually suggested for beginners is Bryan Peterson's Understanding Exposure. I think it's a great place to start.
    Adam
    -------------
    Canon 60D & lenses & flashes & stuff
    A bunch of cheap vintage film cameras

My Etsy store

I have Mastering Digital Photography, David D. Busch, Digital Landscape Photography John and Barbara Gerlach, and The Magic of Digital Nature Photography Rob Sheppard.

I will look up the Understanding Exposure book too. Thanks for the suggestion!

New Mexico Sunrise
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by MaggieMae; 12-16-2009 at 08:47 PM.

I like the textures of rock, water, and clouds.

Two from the same day this summer. Maybe over sharpened.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Raven,

I like the top one with the road better. I think that the shadow across the road takes away from the composition a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by kgosden View Post
    I like the top one with the road better. I think that the shadow across the road takes away from the composition a bit.
    I pretty much agree with this. The leading line the road creates is nice, but the shadow disrupts it.

One from Point Reyes...
    Lukas

I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

True. Strange thing is I didn't take another shot a little ways further, which would be normal for me.

Sunrise...
    Lukas

Flickr