Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 190 of 319 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200240290 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 3184
    Sorry Turo, I missed your shot before. Love the foam in the foreground. It provides great texture. I'd probably crop some off of the top.

Quote Originally Posted by kgosden View Post
    I was out in LA for a day and a half about a week ago and had just enough time to make a drive into the San Gabriel mtns. Too bright and too hazy, but I did like the distant ridges and the way they layer into the distance.
    Those layers are pretty cool. I bet it'd look great with some sunset color.
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by kgosden View Post
    Raven,

Didn't mean to seem too critical. I have spent entire days in fields of flowers hopefully (but often hopelessly) trying to find the 'right' shot. That said I really like the lake shot and the one that follows. For some reason when I hit reply I can no longer see the last few images which really makes this difficult.

I, too have been hoping to spend all my money on an Olympus T&S lens if they ever release one. It is the one thing that really makes me want to switch to the Nikon or Canon side. I have wanted one since film days and now that I can almost find the money I cannot get the lens. Knowing the Olympus trend if Canon/Nikon T&S runs $2500 I will need to sell my car to get one.

By the way, I don't think you mentioned where and when these were shot. I assume recently if they are from the E620. But I did not think there would be a lot of mountain wildflowers this late.
    Don't worry, I prefer criticism.

Really? It has been my experience that Olympus lenses are usually cheaper than their counterparts. Not that it would do me any good, the resale value my camera equipment is now worth double the resale value of my car! Which would only buy about half of even a cheap T/S lens. Basically, for the last year 60% of my limited income has gone to camera equipment and travel.

These were over the last two weeks. Spring didn't get underway locally until the first week of July, which delayed the flowers. These are all in the Ruby Mountains in Nevada. The flowers were about 100 yards from the parking lot, which had the best flower display I saw in the mountains.

The first one in this last set is a strong image. Love the reflective pond. Did you use a GND filter on that one.
    Yup, GND and polarizer both. They are both circular, but I have discovered even with them stacked I can shoot at all the way to 10.5mm and not get vignetting. Most or all of these have one or both of those.

Nice Turo, but I agree with the Wengler and also feel that at least on a computer it's too saturated.

Kgosden very good, where is that? I feel like either an increase in saturation or a complete B&W conversion would be best.

Raven, I was in the Bald Mountain area of the San Gabriels. A quick drive just east from LA. I would probably play with it and go with a blue tint as that tend to convey the sense of distance for most people. I shot it with the 12-60 at 60mm. There are an amazing number of ridges receding into the distance.

Looks like I will need to add a July trip to the Ruby Mountains to my list of places to go if work will get me there.

Russian Ridge
    Name:  20090806_RussianRidge_046.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  385.8 KB

Name:  20090806_RussianRidge_036.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  346.3 KB
    Last edited by TheWengler; 08-07-2009 at 02:11 PM.
    Lukas

I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

Great landscapes Lukas, I love the low clowds.

I recently went on an Interrail(you travel by train) trip around europe with some of my friends. Here's a shot I took trough the window of a moving train. I literally only had a few seconds to pick up my camera swing it at the window, compose and press the trigger. I was really suprised when I saw the result. A really lucky shot .

I posted this in the Nikon section earlier, it also made explore on Flickr and had gained 350 views in less than 2 days.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/14807929@N05/

D40+Sigma 17-70-2.8-4.5 DC MACRO

Lovelly Aldor,

Sorry Lukas but those 2 don't work for me personally (I'm a sharpness freak). Deliberate intent or lack of tripod?
    D800, D300, D90, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200VR f2.8, 300 F4, 105 micro, 16-85VR, 50mm 1.8, Tammy 90 macro, 70-300VR, SB900, 2xSB600, MB-D10, 055XPROB 322RC2. New computers to run photoshop faster. C&C always appreciated. PhotoGallery
    Pressing the shutter is the start of the process - Joe McNally ... Buying the body is the start of the process - Dread Pirate

Very nice, Lukas--and different from your usual stuff.
    Amazing capture Aldor.
    Adam
    -------------
    Canon 60D & lenses & flashes & stuff
    A bunch of cheap vintage film cameras

My Etsy store

I think with a more obvious subject then an out of focus context works for me which is why I didn't make the same comment about Aldors.
    D800, D300, D90, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200VR f2.8, 300 F4, 105 micro, 16-85VR, 50mm 1.8, Tammy 90 macro, 70-300VR, SB900, 2xSB600, MB-D10, 055XPROB 322RC2. New computers to run photoshop faster. C&C always appreciated. PhotoGallery
    Pressing the shutter is the start of the process - Joe McNally ... Buying the body is the start of the process - Dread Pirate

Thanks Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Roberts View Post
    Sorry Lukas but those 2 don't work for me personally (I'm a sharpness freak). Deliberate intent or lack of tripod?
    Perfectly fine DPR. Your opinion doesn't mean much if it isn't honest! I think they're just about as sharp as everything else I post. I was using a tripod. Is the softness you see in the whole image or just in the foreground? There's some blur in the foreground grass in some of the shots due to wind. At first I was trying to get a SS that was fast enough to freeze the grass, then I just decided to embrace the movement.

This one is a little different than the other two. My Flickr contacts seem to like it best.

One with more of a foreground element...
    Last edited by TheWengler; 08-08-2009 at 09:33 PM.
    Lukas

Flickr