Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising
 
 
 
   
Page 173 of 316 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 3159
  1. #1721
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    2,364
    Lake Murray, South Carolina.

    Not the view I wanted, but I would have had to have a boat and be rockin' in the water.
    My preference would have been to see water/air on the right too, so it would be three islands of increasing size.
    US Navy--Hooyah!

    Nikon D700/D300|17-35 f/2.8, 24-70 f/2.8, Sigmalux, 80-200 f/2.8, 16 f/2.8 fisheye,

    Lots of flashes and Honl gear.

  2. #1722
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Monterey Bay
    Posts
    5,994
    Ya need a wider lens... doan-cha know.

    Sorry... snowbird influence.

    Nice photo Juan.
    D7000, D70, CP990, CP900, FE.
    50mm f/1.8, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, Nikon 18-105 VR, Nikon 55-200 VR, Nikon 43-86 f/3.5 AiS, Vivitar 28-90 F/2.8-3.5 Macro, Vivitar 75-205 F/3.8-4.8, SB800.
    Ha! See, I can change...


    http://d70fan.smugmug.com/

  3. #1723
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    2,364
    I needed to be 20 feet out at about 270* to get the shot I wanted, that would put me way in the water.

    Thanks, D70FAN.
    It's been 5 years and I still don't know your name.
    US Navy--Hooyah!

    Nikon D700/D300|17-35 f/2.8, 24-70 f/2.8, Sigmalux, 80-200 f/2.8, 16 f/2.8 fisheye,

    Lots of flashes and Honl gear.

  4. #1724
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Monterey Bay
    Posts
    5,994
    Quote Originally Posted by TheObiJuan View Post
    I needed to be 20 feet out at about 270* to get the shot I wanted, that would put me way in the water.

    Thanks, D70FAN.
    It's been 5 years and I still don't know your name.
    I used to use my name, but changed it to D70FAN... maybe I'll change it back.

    George
    D7000, D70, CP990, CP900, FE.
    50mm f/1.8, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, Nikon 18-105 VR, Nikon 55-200 VR, Nikon 43-86 f/3.5 AiS, Vivitar 28-90 F/2.8-3.5 Macro, Vivitar 75-205 F/3.8-4.8, SB800.
    Ha! See, I can change...


    http://d70fan.smugmug.com/

  5. #1725
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    2,364
    George Reihm!?
    Haha, well then, I guess a welcome back of sorts is necessary.
    US Navy--Hooyah!

    Nikon D700/D300|17-35 f/2.8, 24-70 f/2.8, Sigmalux, 80-200 f/2.8, 16 f/2.8 fisheye,

    Lots of flashes and Honl gear.

  6. #1726
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Windy Wyoming, USA
    Posts
    2,605
    Lukas, I like that shot in vertical orientation much better than horizontal. Maybe it would have been even better if you'd gotten closer to one of those purple flowers to make it more of a subject.
    Nikon D50, Nikkor 18-55mm, Nikkor 50mm 1.8, Sigma 70-300mm APO DG Macro, Tokina 12-24
    Flickr

  7. #1727
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Brisbane, CA
    Posts
    3,591
    Quote Originally Posted by D70FAN View Post
    Looks like Crystal Springs Resevoir in the background...

    Made that drive a zillion times... from San Mateo. More fun in an open sports car or on a motorcycle. I used to ride skyline from the 92 junction to Lexington Resevoir (turns into Black Rd. by Saratoga)

    Nice shot incidentally.
    Yep, it's Crystal Spring Reservoir.

    Quote Originally Posted by toriaj View Post
    Lukas, I like that shot in vertical orientation much better than horizontal. Maybe it would have been even better if you'd gotten closer to one of those purple flowers to make it more of a subject.
    Thanks Tori. I didn't spend too much time on the low angle shots because my leg was falling asleep from squatting down. I wish the flowers were larger in the frame too though.
    Lukas

    Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

    Flickr

  8. #1728
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Monterey Bay
    Posts
    5,994
    Quote Originally Posted by TheObiJuan View Post
    George Reihm!?
    Haha, well then, I guess a welcome back of sorts is necessary.

    Thanks for the return welcome.

    I never really left, but after by-pass surgery in '08 it took a while to get my head back into it. Having one of my shots on a magazine cover didn't hurt to pick-up my spirits either... no dreams of grandure, but it validates my efforts to some degree... and the money is nice too.

    The last name (Riehm) follows the "i" before "e" rule...
    D7000, D70, CP990, CP900, FE.
    50mm f/1.8, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, Nikon 18-105 VR, Nikon 55-200 VR, Nikon 43-86 f/3.5 AiS, Vivitar 28-90 F/2.8-3.5 Macro, Vivitar 75-205 F/3.8-4.8, SB800.
    Ha! See, I can change...


    http://d70fan.smugmug.com/

  9. #1729
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    2,364
    Quote Originally Posted by D70FAN View Post
    Thanks for the return welcome.

    I never really left, but after by-pass surgery in '08 it took a while to get my head back into it. Having one of my shots on a magazine cover didn't hurt to pick-up my spirits either... no dreams of grandure, but it validates my efforts to some degree... and the money is nice too.

    The last name (Riehm) follows the "i" before "e" rule...
    I didn't think the "i" before "e" rule applied to non-Enlgish names, it looks Germanic.
    I saw your post on the magazine cover and gave you congrats and didn't even know it was you! Ha!
    US Navy--Hooyah!

    Nikon D700/D300|17-35 f/2.8, 24-70 f/2.8, Sigmalux, 80-200 f/2.8, 16 f/2.8 fisheye,

    Lots of flashes and Honl gear.

  10. #1730
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    207







Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •