Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 171 of 317 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221271 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 3167
    I think the need to shoot only at sunrise or sunset is over-rated.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin2007 View Post
    Love the jonquils Geoff! Good composition.

Classic composition, beautifully exposed, Turo!

Good shots as always Eddie! I liked the roof of the world.
    (BTW are you still shooting with the mighty Fuji S700?)

cheers,
    I am.....how have you been Benjamin, well I hope?

Quote Originally Posted by raven15 View Post
    I think the need to shoot only at sunrise or sunset is over-rated.
    I think you can get some good shots around midday, but it's much easier to do early or later in the day. I never really plan midday photo outings unless it's overcast, I'm traveling or I'm on a long hike.
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

Morning......
    I like to use elements that offer the viewer a chance to connect their own experiences, with the shot. Here, I tired to use the lifting fog to give it more dimension.

Mid-day.....
    With the help of the sunlight, I like to try to catch patterns, colors, and contrast.

Late afternoon.....
    I like to get the softness, or darkening, of the day.

I think you can get some good shots around midday, but it's much easier to do early or later in the day. I never really plan midday photo outings unless it's overcast, I'm traveling or I'm on a long hike.
    I have been reading a book on composition, and your shot has many qualities I like that that were improved by the midday sun. The colors are "true" and accurate without the yellows and reds of sunset. The colors of the objects themselves (green grass, orange bridge) are more saturated because of the sun's high angle. The even contrast to the scene allows the eye to wander more freely, without being drawn to bright highlights. I like it better, I suspect, than if you had gone at sunrise or sunset.

Oh Eddie, can I tell you how jealous I am?? You get to such gorgeous spots all in one day, not to mention the fog? A dream come true for me. I'm interested in more shots from the morning series
    Nikon D50, Nikkor 18-55mm, Nikkor 50mm 1.8, Sigma 70-300mm APO DG Macro, Tokina 12-24
    Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by toriaj View Post
    Oh Eddie, can I tell you how jealous I am?? You get to such gorgeous spots all in one day, not to mention the fog? A dream come true for me. I'm interested in more shots from the morning series
    Why thank you

How about this shot from under the pier/boardwalk then....
    I took it as the tide was running out. I found the pattern of the draining sand at the bottom of the pilings against the berm wall interesting. Also I loved the moss (green) contrasting against the rusting iron brackets and the stain they are leaving on the concrete.
    Sorry for the blown background, but I had no filter.....

That's a nice one there Eddie. I really like the colors. I'm not sure a filter would help you much. I'd probably just take a couple different exposures and blend them in PS.
    Lukas

I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

I like the colors too, and I agree with Lukas about blending different exposures. If you shot in RAW, that might still be possible.
    Nikon D50, Nikkor 18-55mm, Nikkor 50mm 1.8, Sigma 70-300mm APO DG Macro, Tokina 12-24
    Flickr

From earlier this month...
    Name:  20090305_2Panther_004.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  219.1 KB
    Lukas

Flickr