Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 158 of 317 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208258 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 3169
    Another of my quick and nasty panoramas.

Looking generally south from the summit of Mt Buller towards the Bluff (above the words Snow Kat Garage) and Mt Howitt (above the centre of the dam in the distance). This is the area known as the High County in Victoria.

Here is a link to the full size version but WARNING it is a huge file (10791 x 1449 pixels)
    Last edited by K1W1; 01-22-2009 at 05:18 PM.

Thanks all for the very kind words

06AWD....I think you're mistaking the fog as noise, perhaps?
    I find when I shoot fog laying in a fields, over water, etc, I fare better if I don't move in on it too much, as you will pick up the very slight refractions of light through the water molecules, especially at low horizon light sources like sunrises and sunsets....even post processing noise reduction programs interpret it the same.

Quote Originally Posted by eddie haskell View Post
    06AWD....I think you're mistaking the fog as noise, perhaps? I find when I shoot fog laying in a fields, over water, etc, I fare better if I don't move in on it too much, as you will pick up the very slight refractions of light through the water molecules, especially at low horizon light sources like sunrises and sunsets....even post processing noise reduction programs interpret it the same.
    It looks like noise to me too. Did you shoot at a low ISO?
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

Treetop, I'd recommend a circular polarizer. It would make the sky bluer and cut down on glare from the leaves and pond.

Also, depending on how into it you get, usually the best landscape shots are taken in the morning just before to an hour or two after sunrise, or the same time frame during sunset. I usually think sunrise is a little better, but I'm not so good at getting up.

Looking at as many landscape photos as you can helps too. This thread is a good start, libraries usually have good books on the subject too. Especially the ones with lots of pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by treetop View Post
    This is my offering guys as a complete novice, Hope you like it. I would welcome comments.
    Well, here are my suggestions for improvement. Hopefully you take it well. I'd be over by that bridge to feature it in my shot. Try to eliminate things like the branches creeping in on the sides (clutter). Use a smaller aperture (larger f-stop) to get a larger depth of field. Here you have a branches out of focus and the background in focus. A smaller aperture will help you to get everything in focus. As raven mentioned the light isn't so hot.
    Lukas

I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

This picture didn't come out as nice as I wanted it to. High ISO setting with no tripod. Plus I know I could have found a better angle. But I don't think it is to bad considering it was my first night out with a camera. Rebel XTI.

Another one of a local college.

Quote Originally Posted by raven15 View Post
    Treetop, I'd recommend a circular polarizer. It would make the sky bluer and cut down on glare from the leaves and pond.

Also, depending on how into it you get, usually the best landscape shots are taken in the morning just before to an hour or two after sunrise, or the same time frame during sunset. I usually think sunrise is a little better, but I'm not so good at getting up.

Looking at as many landscape photos as you can helps too. This thread is a good start, libraries usually have good books on the subject too. Especially the ones with lots of pictures.
    Thanks Raven, Please excuse my ignorance but what's a circular polarizer?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWengler View Post
    Well, here are my suggestions for improvement. Hopefully you take it well. I'd be over by that bridge to feature it in my shot. Try to eliminate things like the branches creeping in on the sides (clutter). Use a smaller aperture (larger f-stop) to get a larger depth of field. Here you have a branches out of focus and the background in focus. A smaller aperture will help you to get everything in focus. As raven mentioned the light isn't so hot.
    Any advice is welcome, thank you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by treetop View Post
    Please excuse my ignorance but what's a circular polarizer?
    It's a filter that reduces reflections and darkens blue skies. The most useful filter you can get.
    Lukas

Flickr

Flowing stream

Name:  flowing brook.JPG
Views: 95
Size:  235.0 KB
    This one I feel just may be a little softer on the eye. Or is there still too much foilage in the foreground I think the contrast of the foreground foilage and the stream running from the back of the picture through to the front and the bridge further back work quite well, but I'm always open to suggestions, and just in case you are wondering no I won't be offended by constructive comments.